Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for IPAD

Solved!

Spotify for IPAD

Anybody knows when is it planned or scheduled a spotify version exclusively designed for ipad devices??

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm afriad all I can do is offer you rumours: http://appadvice.com/appnn/2011/12/spotify-headed-to-ipad

There's quite a few reports of rumours around the web, just google "Spotify iPad App"

Otherwise there's the idea on the idea board that you can always add your vote to (if you've not already): http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas-and-Feedback/iPad-app/idi-p/265

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

An iPad app is under consideration. Please go vote for this idea in the thread link below:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas-and-Feedback/iPad-app/idi-p/265

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Marked as solution

Steve,

May I remind you of the Community Guidelines - To be more precise, the section where it states "Make sure that the thread you are posting on is relevant for your issue". As regards to communication, we have confirmed recently that an update to the Android application is being worked on. "Zero Communication" is untrue. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Marked as solution

I said "next to zero communication" and I stand by that. Telling us that "an update is being worked on" (and may I remind you that you only came out with that statement in the last month) after we have been waiting for a year is too little too late, and we still don't know if the new Android client will include all the features that iOS users enjoy for the very same price that we pay.

You lost all credibility when you left it so long without any action or any comments. Anything that you release now that is not on a par with iOS (because there is no technical reason at all why Android can't be functionally equivalent to iOS) will quite frankly be a disappointment.

One Year!...let me repeat that, One Year! - Whole Operating Systems have been built from scratch in less time than that!

Marked as solution

Everyone thought that Spotify would release the iPad app today, but no, a new partner was revealed, Coca-Cola. More commercial and less innovation and technology. Seriously!!! 

To bad that we don't have any good alternatives in Sweden, in USA they you don't have to choose this service, you could go for a mush better one, such as RDIO, who has a great iPad app. 

This is such a big joke that they don't have and all they say is they will release it soon, yeah right, one year later and still no app??? And they say that the phone app is really good for the iPad, I don't think that they looked at any iPad, especially the new with the retina display, every other big company has a great app customized for the iPad. 

It's like the iTunes store would rent out movies in VHS quality and call it 1080p.......

I am so tired of Spotify right now for this.

Marked as solution

Steve - Thank you for your concern, but as David mentions, please stay on topic. It's in the guidelines.

I hope you like the new preview Android app. We've been working very hard on building it, so please give us any feedback you can.

I've just locked the thread, as it's going off topic. If you'd like to comment further on a Spotify iPad app, please do so on the Idea thread here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas-and-Feedback/iPad-app/idi-p/265

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

13 Replies
Marked as solution

I'm afriad all I can do is offer you rumours: http://appadvice.com/appnn/2011/12/spotify-headed-to-ipad

There's quite a few reports of rumours around the web, just google "Spotify iPad App"

Otherwise there's the idea on the idea board that you can always add your vote to (if you've not already): http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas-and-Feedback/iPad-app/idi-p/265

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!
Marked as solution

An iPad app is under consideration. Please go vote for this idea in the thread link below:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas-and-Feedback/iPad-app/idi-p/265

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Under concideration? Seriously? G-sus, just produce the app already.

Yes please can this be released ASAP, surely this has been in development for some time. There are companies out there making no profit and still producing apps, I pay £10 per month and the current app is awful on iPhone never mind the iPad. I seen an update for Spotify this evening and got excited only to find out it was a minor update. Currently a disappointed Spotify user.

iPad should wait... You get all those iPhone updates... Stop whining.

Where is all those updates to Android and Windows Phone???

No iPad app before we get all updates that you all already have like 320 kbps!!!

Spotify wake up!!!

Yes this was also on Spotify Ipad

hpguru, I realize you are frustrated with the Adroid/Windows Phone situation but can you please stop hijacking threads in the iOS forum?  It also ill-behooves a "community founder" to tell other members to "stop whining".

Hi guys,

Seabourne - The iPad idea's status is currently 'Planned'.

Hpguru - As NeilN mentions, can you stay on topic please.

If you'd like to discuss the iPad app idea, it's probably best if you comment here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas-and-Feedback/iPad-app/idi-p/265

-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Get real Sam!

Hpguru and other Android users like myself have earned the right to complain as much as we want here.

We have waited 1 year without any new functionality being added to the Android client and over 5 months since a bug fix release, while in the same period iOS has got playlist folders, the ability to organise songs and folders and now 320kbps streaming and off-line syncing. All of the time with next to zero comminication from Spotify about what is happening. We all pay the same for a Premium subscription but not everyone gets the same experience for their subscription fee. Some of us feel we are being short changed, and until that's rectified we'll complain as much as we want in whatever thread we want! If you don't like this there's an easy way to fix it, start treating users of  mobile platforms other than iOS equally and bring the feature sets up to parity (where technically possible) and we'll quieten down.

Marked as solution

Steve,

May I remind you of the Community Guidelines - To be more precise, the section where it states "Make sure that the thread you are posting on is relevant for your issue". As regards to communication, we have confirmed recently that an update to the Android application is being worked on. "Zero Communication" is untrue. 

Airhorn Enthusiast
Marked as solution

I said "next to zero communication" and I stand by that. Telling us that "an update is being worked on" (and may I remind you that you only came out with that statement in the last month) after we have been waiting for a year is too little too late, and we still don't know if the new Android client will include all the features that iOS users enjoy for the very same price that we pay.

You lost all credibility when you left it so long without any action or any comments. Anything that you release now that is not on a par with iOS (because there is no technical reason at all why Android can't be functionally equivalent to iOS) will quite frankly be a disappointment.

One Year!...let me repeat that, One Year! - Whole Operating Systems have been built from scratch in less time than that!

Marked as solution

Everyone thought that Spotify would release the iPad app today, but no, a new partner was revealed, Coca-Cola. More commercial and less innovation and technology. Seriously!!! 

To bad that we don't have any good alternatives in Sweden, in USA they you don't have to choose this service, you could go for a mush better one, such as RDIO, who has a great iPad app. 

This is such a big joke that they don't have and all they say is they will release it soon, yeah right, one year later and still no app??? And they say that the phone app is really good for the iPad, I don't think that they looked at any iPad, especially the new with the retina display, every other big company has a great app customized for the iPad. 

It's like the iTunes store would rent out movies in VHS quality and call it 1080p.......

I am so tired of Spotify right now for this.

Marked as solution

Steve - Thank you for your concern, but as David mentions, please stay on topic. It's in the guidelines.

I hope you like the new preview Android app. We've been working very hard on building it, so please give us any feedback you can.

I've just locked the thread, as it's going off topic. If you'd like to comment further on a Spotify iPad app, please do so on the Idea thread here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas-and-Feedback/iPad-app/idi-p/265

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts