Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify freezing when connecting to Airpods

Spotify freezing when connecting to Airpods

Hi all,

I recently purchased some Airpods, and have run into some trouble when using them with Spotify. Whenever I start Spotify and connect the Airpods (taking them out the case) the App freezes for up to 10 seconds and I cannot play any music and have to wait for it to unfreeze. 

This is super annoying when I just want to listen to music. I haven't really found a solution to is (like killing the app completely or restarting the device).

Any ideas whats causing this? 

Device

iPhone X 256GB / AirPods

Operating System

iOS 12.1.3

App Version 

9 Replies

Hey @marc-cor.

Welcome to the Community. We know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked.

Could you try a quick clean reinstall of the app? Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let us know if you get any error messages?

Looking forward to your reply 🙂

Unfortunately this does not seem to fix the issue. There is no error message or anything, the app simply freezes for a few seconds. 

There is also some odd behaviour from the lock screen. When I put the airpods down, the music stops playing (which is as intended). But when the music has been paused for a while, the play button plays music through the airpods for a split second, but then pauses it immediately. On a second tap it starts playing normally. Might be related.

It kind of feels the app freezes while connecting to the airpods. I have no other bluetooth headphones, so I have no way to verify if this is also happening with other headphones. 

Same thing is happening to me on an iphone 7 ios 12.1.3

Hi there!

Airpods can be tricky sometimes, and it can highly depend on your phone-using habits.

This might sound a bit too long, but try to disconnect and delete your AirPods from Bluetooth. Close every running application (double-press the home button), then restart the phone by pressing the lockscreen button and volume down button and only release them after the phone restarted and the apple logo comes up.

Then go ahead and reconnect your AirPods.

Also this might be unrelated, but I noticed that it can cause some glitches: go to Spotify, settings, playback and turn the “canvas” and “stranger things mode” off. 

Let me know if this works for you, wish you the best!

I am having the same problem non-stop, and I can find neither the go or the library button in Finder, even after pressing the alt key. Based on my research, and even just this one message feed alone, it seems a lot of people are having this same problem with their headphones skipping when connected to Spotify, but it does not seem that a solution has really been provided anywhere by the company, besides potentially maybe reinstalling once I am provided with directions on how to do so. If this problem is not fixed, it does not make sense for me, or any of the various other people I have encountered with this same issue, to pay for a music service that I cannot listen to in any situation that requires headphones. Thanks

I often had this problem, try these things:

-disconnect air pods, put them back in their case, turn off blue tooth, then reconnect them

- shut off phone completely 

- close other apps

- open another app like YouTube that uses sound, then open Spotify (try it a couple times)

Turn off Bluetooth on Apple Watch -> connect AirPods with iPhone and play music -> re-enable Bluetooth on Apple Watch and enjoy your music!

Yeah this has worked for me. I also updated my phones ios to the latest version (iPhone 7)

I deleted and then reinstalled the app btw

Suggested posts