Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify iPad is too outdated: No Discover, Me & Others.

Solved!

Spotify iPad is too outdated: No Discover, Me & Others.

Spotify's iPad App is too under powered, it doesn't come with Discover, Collections, Browse and many other features which is not available.

Update: 24 Nov 2013: Spotify connect is launched on my ipad and iphone, but didnt see the rest of the other features... 

30 November 2013: Spotify added browse on the iPad. Finally! Hooray. Still waiting for the decade old Discover! 😞
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

image.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey guys!

iOS version 1.9 has just been released!

This update brings the new design and "Your Music" to the iPad.

Enjoy! Thanks for your patience. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

59 Replies

This does bug me, the iPad app used to be the best one and its fallen behind the times!

I'm crossing my fingers for a big update soon, because collection is realistically going to have to go across all platforms for the system to work.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yeah and the thing is even Android tablet app is much more full featured as compared to the iPad. Which people was laughing at.
Sigh. I hope they release a new update soon.
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Hi Folks

Just to ensure that I'm on the right way: As far as I understand your posts it is not a personal problem of my installation that the Spotify App at my iPad (4th Generation) looks so much worser then the desktop or the iPhone version. There is for example no Discover option on the iPad; my version looks exact the same like the one of @hejeremygoh.

I always thought I was doing something wrong because I couldn't believe that the latest release of Spoitfy for iPad is that much worser than the one for iPhone. But... it is, in fact? Nothing wrong with my installation, then?

If yes: Come on, Spotify people, give us a release for the iPad which is at least as powerful as the one for the iPhone. Please!

@user-removed - Bet your installation is just fine, the iPad app just needs some serious love! It is something I have made the Spotify team community team aware of though! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No problem then: I love my iPad app either way... 😉 Albeit: I would love it even more after a nice and helpful update...

Its far too backdated, to be honest. It seems like the entire iPad platform is completely neglected.

J.

I'm here to shuffle!

I'll chime on this - given how far behind the iPad app is, I'm almost wishing I could just run the iPhone version on my iPad.

Also, the design on the iPad app isn't up to date with iOS 7 elements at all. Putting together the side by side comparison with the iPhone version and iPad version there's a really big gap.

I'm here to shuffle!

Another vote for being able to install the iPhone version on the iPad! Or better still get an update out already! 🙂

So are you telling me I cannot use spotify on my ipad

No, no, you can use Spotify at the iPad. The software ist just less smart than for ex. at the iPhone... In fact the Spotify version for iPad is quite poor and outdated.

This app is increasingly putting me at risk of throwing my iPad into a brick wall and breaking it into lots of pieces. I use the ipad as my music console and Spotify is my music source. I pay premium membership every month but its hard to justify with this interface.

Every time I try to anything on this app I am stifled. I end up sending it into radio mode, or switching to some other album. 

Adding an album to a playlist is seriously confusing, and shouldn't be. Plus, once I got to the correct little screen to add, the big + button didn't work. 

I think this app needs to be re-written from scratch with an intuituve interface with ease of use as the #1 goal. 

Updated the post!
I'm here to shuffle!

I will jump in on this with hopes that if more people speak up, spotify will update thie POSApp. I also pay for the premium, I love it. The only issue I have is this app I got my hopes up with the last upgrade but still nothing. I would like it to be easy to add albums to playlist. My inbox is always empty even though I get emails about new albums for bands I follow. I think the app should let me know when something is new. I would love discover. I want to be able to shuffle all of my playlists. I am constantly signing onto my computer just to shuffle things around, find new music, make playlists. I want to be able to do this all from the app.

A major update now!

@Touelmeris wrote:
A major update now!

Are you saying there has actually been an update to bring these features to the iPad (if so, then it still isn't updated for me), or are you just saying that you want an update?

Bjbijb

Hello Spotify,
Are you hearing our questions about bringing the iPad up to par with the desktop version? Please either update the iPad, or let us install the iPhone app, or even just run from the browser!
Spotify will be close to perfect when you get this done.
Please?

Suggested posts