Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify iPad is too outdated: No Discover, Me & Others.

Solved!

Spotify iPad is too outdated: No Discover, Me & Others.

Spotify's iPad App is too under powered, it doesn't come with Discover, Collections, Browse and many other features which is not available.

Update: 24 Nov 2013: Spotify connect is launched on my ipad and iphone, but didnt see the rest of the other features... 

30 November 2013: Spotify added browse on the iPad. Finally! Hooray. Still waiting for the decade old Discover! 😞
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

image.jpg
59 Replies

Ditto on this.  The only reason I use the PC based version is to organize my music because I can't do it on my iphone and ipad.  Oh, I also use my PC to unscrew the settings when Spotify tells me I have more than 3 devices and it removes all synced music - even though I only have the two.

I did ask the Spotify team about Discover on iPad recently and they said it will be coming in the future but didn't specify when.

@vanburenge - Do you have 3 devices showing here?
https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, I am also surprised to see that the excellent addition of the 'my music' feature to the iphone app isn't featured on the ipad version! Does anybody know if this will be rectified? Cheers, Will, UK.

iPad wasn't included in the original beta, but hopefully it will be added in the near future. I think Spotify are finally trying to push to get all of the apps to be consistent across platforms.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Currently you cannot access Your Music in the iPad app.

The developers are working on an updated iPad update with a new design similar to the iPhone app and it will include Discover and Your Music.

Shouldn't be too long of a wait. Maybe 1-3 months wait at the most. (just my best guess)

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Not aiming this at you Matt, you are just the messenger, but up to another 3 months, possibly, if we are lucky, are you kidding me!

Spotify, just give us the ability to install the iPhone version on the iPad, if we so choose, while you fix this mess up. The iPad version is now so out of date it's a health hazzard!

It's become very frustrating working web tween the desktop and iPhone clients which have Your Music and the iPad which doesn't. Is the amount of ipad users so low that it didn't seem important to keep it on track with what really amounted to a huge difference in how the service works?

yeap but this is the priority now as all of the other platforms had already rolled it out... so i guess its coming.. based on what information im getting.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Any news on it?

iPad now at hopme and no functions that in Android.

This is now ridiculous. 2 major updates to the "proper" Spotify experience and the iPad is left in the dark ages. What is worse no one from Spotify can even be bothered to come on, explain and offer a timescale.

All my albums have been moved over to the new "Your music" format, so I cannot see any of them on my iPad. So poor.

I'm just waiting for the "happy clappy" email from the "Ideas" team some time in 2015 saying "we listened!", "we've improved your iPad app". No you haven't! If you had it would be fixed already!

Yeah, that's maybe the most annoying thing: That nobody from Spotify seems interested in this issue. Hey - my iPad is my most used music device. That's the place where I need a smart version of Spotify. Please help, guys!

I agree. I use the spotify app on my iPhone and desktop everyday and it's amazing. But for some reason the iPad app looks like it hasn't been touched in two-three years.

Spotify - you have a lot of fans here asking for some help!

"for some reason the iPad app looks like it hasn't been touched in two-three years"

That's because it hasn't!

There are a few threads covering this topic.
The last response from customer support basically states that there are no plans at this time for a new iPad version.

Here you go. Received this yesterday.

As you're already fully aware, there's not been an update for the iPad recently, meaning it doesn't have the Your Music feature like the other devices we support do. As much as I'd love to be able to tell you that we're going to release an update soon, there's currently no plans to do so. Sorry about that!

Thanks for posting. Tough stuff.

For g**** sake Spotify. If you really have no plans for a new iPad app just let us install the iPhone version if we choose. This is within your control and would be far better for most than this current mess.

Making an iPhone app into an iPad/universal app is so easy it's pathetic how Spotify has let their brand suffer the past couple years via their garbage iPad app, and it speaks volumes for how lazy and unappreciative they are regarding their users. All they have to do is get one skilled programmer to crank it out in less than a week or a small team to really make it great in about a month. Instead, they probably have meetings about potential meetings about the possibility of an iPad app update, then they go onto another topic to secure their jobs through infinite middleman shenanigans. All the signs of the next way to sellout ASAP, that's what this is. Good luck in your future endeavors of sucktitude, Spotify. It's always pleasant seeing a company with obvious pockets full of cash sit there not doing work while talented people wonder where the work is, I hear companies get lots of respect being greedy instead of productive. This app is a POS, but thanks for the anti-support. When I grow up, I want to be worthless like Spotify developers.
image.jpg

Another Spotify for iPad update, what did it do - merchandise now available on the artist page. What else is there to say other than "sigh" :(. Spotify are just openly mocking us now.

Seriously!?!?!? Equalizer and merchandise on artists pages as new features?

Those two features had a higher priority in development than delivering missing functionality to iPad users?!?!?!?

Doh! This is getting really ridiculous! This really hurts. 

Nice way to show us how much you care about your iPad users. Very, very sad.

Just cancel your premium subscribtion. It is the best thing you can do! Spotify wont hear to thei Users, other companies do it a Lot better, so change to them!

Suggested posts