Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify ios app issues

Spotify ios app issues

I've been experience what at first glance appears to be a connectivity issue with the ios app on my iphone 6s plus running ios 10.3.1. I open the app and I'll see the 'Connecting' message for a few seconds. After that I sometimes see the 'You are offline' message even though I'm on a broadband network at 75+ mpbs.  Other times, the app will open normally after the connecting message.  While I'm using the app I experience similar issues when selecting songs to play. What I notice is that if I close the app by pressing the home button, playback begins. I open the app back up and the images and track list have loaded. That tells me this is not a connectivity issue but rather an issue with the app. The version number of the Spotify app is 8.2.0.549.

An interesting note is that I also use Spotify with my Sonos system.  When controlling Spotify from the Sonos app, I experience none of the issues I've described. Tracks and album art load immediately as does playback.

I've made a short video demonstrating the issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJunL-Gm690

0 Replies

Suggested posts