Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is stopping and crackling on iPhone 7 app

Spotify is stopping and crackling on iPhone 7 app

I am a Spotify Premium user and have been using the app on the iPhone 7 for nearly 2 years. I have recently found that when listening to music it randomly pauses/stops and then starts crackling. Once this starts it keeps happening unless I restart the app. However this only buys me some more time before the same happens.

I have read previous threads and tried all suggestions e.g. log out of all devices, uninstall and reinstall the app etc, turn off Bluetooth etc. 

I listen to the music app through headphones on the commute to work and found it only works uninterrupted with mobile data turned off. This is clearly not a long term solution. The songs I am listening to are all downloaded offline so the mobile data shouldn’t be affecting the playback. As outlined above, i’ve tried turning Bluetooth (and WiFi) off and this didn’t help so I am now lost and starting to get fed up.

I am on the latest iOS if that helps.

Really hoping someone knows how to fix this because it is ruining my experience of Spotify.

1 Reply

Hey @samueldhanda,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble listening to your favorite music.

I see that you have done some troubleshooting by yourself 🙂

Could you please try to set Spotify offline while you have Mobile Data turned on?

If that doesn't help, could you try using your account on another device with similar specs or try another account on your iPhone 7?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Suggested posts