Plan

Premium

Country

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 13.4

My Question or Issue

Every few songs/minutes my chromecast audio disconnects from Spotify app and has troubles connecting back in. I've checked the issue and it only happens with Spotify.

30 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also suggest using an official stable release of iOS, which is iOS 13.3.1 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi, I have the same issue.
Rebooting my device and reinstalling spotify app don't help. Also rebooting chrome cast doesnt solve the issue.
Spotify version: 8.5.56.1186
Using galaxy S8 with Android 9.0

@macaam wrote:

Every few songs/minutes my chromecast audio disconnects from Spotify app and has troubles connecting back in. I've checked the issue and it only happens with Spotify.

@Leonie8 wrote:
Rebooting my device and reinstalling spotify app don't help. Also rebooting chrome cast doesnt solve the issue.

I hear people complain on Chromecast Audio very long time. I think it's Chromecast Audio firmware and Spotify issue. Clean reinstall is not going to help. It's just the only solution moderators here know about.

Its horrible. I can't use my chromecast for the only thing i bought it for! FIX IT!

Oneplus 6

Android os oxygen 10.3.2

Write and vote here in ongoing issues.

I have this problem, but on Android, so might not be completely similar. But the only way I have found to get around the issue was to use the Google Home app to share all of the device's audio to the chromecast. In that way the audio hasn't dropped but of course has its downsides that all other notifications and audio is transfered too.

I am having the same issue recently. I have done all the steps with uninstalling, restarting my phone and resetting my Google Mini as well. I still can't even get through a podcast without it cutting out. Is there any solution? I am running on 8.6.57.1164

Started to happen to me recently as well.

When I cast to chromecast audio, it always disconnects in a matter of minutes. Before it had sometimes hiccups as well, but generally was able to cast for hours. Now it ALWAYS drops after a while - sometimes even during the first song.

I've noticed, that if I just kill the Spotify app on phone without pausing, it doesn't happen at all, and keeps on playing!
So I presume it is actually an issue with the main Spotify app (sender) disrupting the casting, not an issue of the chromecast (or the Spotify's chromecast receiver).

Tested on Oneplus 3, Android 9.

I dont understand why my Spotify keeps disconnecting from my Google devices (Chromecast and Google Nest) I have the new Samsung S20 Ultra aswell. Is there anybody that can suggest how to stop this from happening? It's very annoying. 

Thanks in advance 

I have the same problem. It disconnects from the chrome cast every other song or in the middle of a song. 

Have a Huawei p30.

It's clearly not the phones that are the problem since everybody has this issues on completely different devices and operating systems. It's clearly a problem with the app that they need to fix. 

I've had this issues for a few weeks now and nothing from your "quick" fixes helped. When are you gonna fix this bug? After we cancel our subscriptions? 

Having the same issues on a Galaxy S10e - only started to notice it in the last couple of weeks or so but it's pretty much constant now. Spotify disconnects around the 1 minute mark of starting to play. Latest versions of Spotify and Google Home apps. 

Only thing that works is taking my phone off of WiFi or killing the app as someone else suggested.

Same issue here since March ugrade it start failing after the first minute. Happens only with Spotify 8.5.57.1155.

I have the exact same issue with my p30 prp. I cast my music to my chromecast and it disconnects after a while. I observed that if I switch to a different app while spotifyis casting and I switch back to spotify the connection drops instantly. It definitely has something to do when the spotify app(sender) is refreshing the available device list. If I leave my phone alone. Music continues to play. It's when i open the app is when it disconnects... 

Same here, Android, S10. This is a Spotify and not chromecast, as others apps cast flawlessly 

Yup, same here.

I just dropped another streaming service in order to return to Spotify, and I've been having this issue every few minutes. It's pretty annoying to say the least...

I have an asusu zenfone, had the issue just a moment go, resolved it by

1. Connect phone to chromecast via spotify app, start playing music

2. Go back to app and go to the chromecast device and select forget this device

3. Reconnect phone to chromecast

This seemed to have stabilised the connection

I think I have found the solution. I've had this problem since March, and haven't had any luck reinstalling the software. There was an android update in March and I think it played around with the power settings to improve battery life. It got me thinking that Chromecast worked fine if I had Spotify open on my phone all the time. But as soon as I started using other apps Chromecast would stop after 30 seconds.

Go to settings on your phone, app management, and select Spotify. Then just change the settings to allow it run in the background and your sorted. Haven't had the problem since.

Nope, doesn't fix it.

I have had that setting, permission to keep running in background, turned on for a while, yet it keeps happening. Another thing, people that do not have Samsung are experiencing the same issue. So that's not it. Maybe your issue was something different, which is why it took care of it.

Suggested posts