Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not playing my saved tracks, crashing

Spotify not playing my saved tracks, crashing

Spotify has not been working for me all week.  I have thousands of saved songs in my library. Recently spotify simply stops playing my songs. Here’s an example, Today I tried to play

a saved album, it played the first track and then would not play the following track. If I try to play the next track it won’t, despite the fact that Spotify thinks it is playing. Exactly the same thing happens in my saved playlists.  I have to shut down the app to get it working again.  This problem happens both using Wi-Fi and 4G. Yes I have made sure that Spotify is not set to off-line mode and I have also logged out and log in again. I know what Spotify will asked me to do, they will want me to re-install Spotify. This means losing thousands of downloaded songs and means for the third time in three months I have to re-download all of my music. This is because of another issue which results in all of my saved music disappearing and I have to spend hours downloading it again.

To be honest I am getting very tired with these constant problems.  I shouldn’t have to Delete the app and reinstall all of my music. I am going to give Spotify one last try to sort this out otherwise I’m off. 

Plan

Premium

Country

uk

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

(iOS 1OS

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed, thanks for reaching out on the Spotify Community!

I understand how you feel here. I'd love to get this fixed with you. It can be a bit of a hassle to download your tracks again but it blows new life into the app. If you've tried all other troubleshooting options, such as logging out, logging back in, restart of your device and a different network connection; it sounds like a reinstall could be the solution here. These steps should help here: https://support.spotify.com/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/.

If you have any questions, feel free to give me a shout here.

Thanks,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts