Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on ipad wont work!! Help!!

Solved!

Spotify on ipad wont work!! Help!!

I have a premium account on pc but spotify on ipad will not let me listen music!! It says i need premium!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Tui - Ensure you are logging in with your "sarahlou.davis" username, rather than your email address. This should get you use Spotify just fine on your iPad.

Tskibeli & sakurakez - You are currently on either the free or Unlimited version of Spotify. In order to use all the features of Spotify on your iPad, your account would need to be on a Premium subscription. You can upgrade right here - https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

Scottcdavis - Hmm, strange. Couple of things you might want to try. In the preferences menu, try turning off both gapless playback and crossfade. You might also want to try changing the quality of streaming tracks.

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

14 Replies

I have the same problem!

i have the same problem to 

FoR me, it wOrks foe about 45 seconds then fails. It used to work perfectly. I reinstalled it like 7 times, but it's the same
Marked as solution

Tui - Ensure you are logging in with your "sarahlou.davis" username, rather than your email address. This should get you use Spotify just fine on your iPad.

Tskibeli & sakurakez - You are currently on either the free or Unlimited version of Spotify. In order to use all the features of Spotify on your iPad, your account would need to be on a Premium subscription. You can upgrade right here - https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

Scottcdavis - Hmm, strange. Couple of things you might want to try. In the preferences menu, try turning off both gapless playback and crossfade. You might also want to try changing the quality of streaming tracks.

Airhorn Enthusiast

I have a Premium account and my iPad app only works for 1min and 30sec. I already tried turning off Gapless and adjusted streaming options. Please FIX! Thank you in advance.

Figured it out! I removed the app and then turned off the iPad. Then I reinstalled from App Store. So far everything is working properly.

Irecently became a Spotify Premium User. I installed it on my home desktop - no problems - all is well. I installedit on my iPhone and iPad and both saythesame problem - 'could not login to Spotify. Maybe you've changed or misspelled your password.'

I changed the password and re-installed the app on both devices - no changes. As it is an issue on both devices I suspect it is either a generic issue wuth i-devices or some issue at home in my network security......any ideas please ?

@hughobyrne wrote:

Irecently became a Spotify Premium User. I installed it on my home desktop - no problems - all is well. I installedit on my iPhone and iPad and both saythesame problem - 'could not login to Spotify. Maybe you've changed or misspelled your password.'

I changed the password and re-installed the app on both devices - no changes. As it is an issue on both devices I suspect it is either a generic issue wuth i-devices or some issue at home in my network security......any ideas please ?

Hey! 🙂 

Are you sure you are logging in using the correct details and selecting the correct Spotify/Facebook login? 

If you think it is a connection issue, have a read at the connection troubleshooting guidelines.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter, Thanks for answering. My understanding is that I sjhould use my username (I did not take the Facebook option) and I used that - the username and password. I do not know if it is a network issue at home but I'm going to be travelling for work next week so I'll try and logon from the hotel network and see if that works. If that fails I'll change password again and try once more. I'll reportback once I'v tried that..... Thanks Hugh

Hi, we have a premium subscription (free trial period ended 30.07.2013) My account says that we have paid 9.99 on 30.07.2013 and that the next payment is 30.08.2013. Spotify wil only load on my computer and no longer on my ipad as of 01.08.2013. I have installed the update on the ipad. Is still didn't work. I have removed spotify from the ipad and installed it again with the update. Still, i can only access spotify from my computer. Can anybody help me?

Hi, I seem to have solved my own problem. I have deleted the cookies and the history of safari. Uninstalled spotify on my ipad. Switched the ipad off. Then restarted the ipad. Reinstalled spotify from the appstore but WITHOUT the update. (= part 2 of the installation in the appstore) Now spotify works on the ipad! It seems there is a problem with the update! 

Unfortunately my problem isn't solved. When I start spotify on my ipad it plays for about 1 minute and then it stops. When I install the update, I can't start spotify at all. Please help me.

Hi. Can you see if these steps help at all.

1. Change your Region Format by changing iOS Settings > General > International > Region Format. Change to a country not your own, e.g. if you're in the US, change to Sweden; if in Sweden, change to USA.
  2. Restart your device by holding the Home and Lock buttons together for 10 seconds.

Hi, thanks for your help, but unfortunately there is no change. I have set to another country. Started up te ipad as you said. The first song plays for 1 minute. Then everything stops. Then i have installed the update, but as before my entire spotifyscreen is white when i restart spotify after the update. My spotify works on my computer, but not on my ipad since 30.07.2013. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks!!

Suggested posts