Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on iphone (premium) playing VIA USB in Ford Fiesta - not working

Solved!

Spotify on iphone (premium) playing VIA USB in Ford Fiesta - not working

Okay, need some help:

I use my iphone to play music.
I connect it using the USB port on my centre console, it normally works fine...

I got spotify premium to play music without having to HAVE it.

The problem is:

When I plug the phone in, the music from spotify doesn't play (or plays like a beat then stops)

The only way I found to fix this is to pull the phone out, stop the song, plug it back in, play the song for 5 seconds then turn my radio to play from my phone, but after that song finishes, it happens again...

Anyone know how to get it working constantly without cutting out?
Or if it's an error on spotifys side (works perfect when not plugged into the car))
or the iphone, or fiesta?

21 Replies

I had deleted all the tunes out of my Apple Music App. and wanted to use Spotify, because i've bought premium. Then found that my car system would say 'Error No Music'. A guy on here, put a helpful comment on, saying have just one song or album in the Apple music app. Then when your car stereo starts to play that, open up the Spotify app on your Iphone, and choose a song. stereo should switch across to it. good luck, i've just tried it out in the freezing cold. It worked. I have a Peugeot 308sw. (2015).

The answer marked "solution" does not work for me - I have a Ford Fiesta 2016 and Iphone 7... Spotify doesn't work, it only plays 3 seconds of every song... Puzzled to see that so many people have this issue, and no solution for several years?

Suggested posts