Spotify overheats, crashes, drains battery Iphone XR ios15

Plan
Premium
Country

Device
iPhone XR
Operating System
iOS 15

A few days ago I noticed my phone overheating. While on a run spotify crashed multiple times. The next day I noticed that everytime I was listening to spotify, regardless where I was, my phone would overheat and spotify was crash.

My battery would drain fast.

Over the next few days I logged out of Spotify, did a hard refresh uninstalling then installing Spotify. Toggled background refresh, ran Spotify solo without other apps opened. I even updated to iOS15. I turned the phone on and off.

NOTHING helps. I've done everything spotify recommends. I have half of the storage free and available on my iphone.

It ONLY happens with spotify. Within minutes of closing the app my phone cools down and NONE of the other apps cause this. Ready to cancel my premium membership at this point.

7 Replies

Hey @jsmith2482,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

The folks at our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to vote for the Ongoing Issue here, if you haven't already.  Make sure to try the steps you can find in the Status update. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Plan
Premium
Country
 SPAIN
Device
iPhone 12 pro
Operating System
iOS 15

I have the exact same problem : spotify overheats my iphone and drains my battery in less than 3 hs, its insane. Ive logged in and out , reinstalled the app, turned on and off the phone, upgraded both the app and ios , deleted cache. Music is the thing i use my phone the most for when im out and im literally considering unsubscribing from spotify because not only am i not able to use it, but if i do, im left with a phone at 5% battery within a few hours. When is this being fixed?

Something is definitely not right and nothing seems to help . 

Hi @valen_kad,

Thanks for the post.

Our tech folks are aware of this matter and working on a fix as we speak. Please make sure to always keep your Spotify up to date.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan : premium

device : iphone xr

ios : ios 15.1

updated to ios 15.1 couple days ago and started having issue with spoitfy. Exactly same issue. Keeps crashing. I tried everything Spotify suggested from logging out and logging back in to deleting app, re-install app, re-start phone and nothing works. 

please help! 

Th issue of random crashes and overheating started this morning on iPhone 11 running 14.8. I did not update anything since yesterday. Updating the Spotify app didn’t fix it. Updating to iOS 15 didn’t either. I pay for this app and now I can’t use it!! wth?!

I’m not having any issues with my battery and over heating however my Spotify is constantly crashing after around 20-30 seconds of a song playing. 
running on iPhone 13

Spotify premium 

Version 8.6.78.419

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

The crashing issue on iOS should be fixed now. If you're still experiencing this, make sure to run a clean reinstall of the app.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts