Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify preventing other applications to play sound or use the mic

Spotify preventing other applications to play sound or use the mic

Device: iPhone XS

iOS: 12.2

Spotify version: 8.5.17.713

My Question or Issue

Sometimes I leave Spotify app to play something else but I can't. On Facebook, for instance, I try playing a video but it automatically stops after a very short period of time like 250-500 milliseconds. I have to kill Spotify so that the video on Facebook won't be paused out of anywhere. And today I noticed another app impacted by Spotify: Whatapp. I was trying to send a voice message using the mic, but the recording was being paused without no reason after a short period of time so that I couldn't record the message. After killing Spotify, I could record and send the message. 

3 Replies

I have the same issue!!! it is so ANNOYING. I cannot record any voice message on the other apps such as whatsapp and instagram. Also, i can hear any voice message when i am listening on Spotify.

I am using iPhone XS Max(IOS version:12.4). 

Spotify version:

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also recommend updatin to iOS 12.4 🙂

Hope it helps 🙂

@Loxer wrote:

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also recommend updatin to iOS 12.4 🙂

Hope it helps 🙂

I have done all the step that you recommended but it is still an issue for me!!!!

Suggested posts