Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify randomly pausing only through my car's bluetooth audio system.

Solved!

Spotify randomly pausing only through my car's bluetooth audio system.

After the most recent update Spotify keeps pausing only when using my car's bluetooth audio system. It pauses at random intervals multiple times throughout every song I play. It doesn't happen when I play it directly through my phone nor my BT headphones. I've used other apps like soundcloud, Apple music, podcasts (via the podcast app) and they all work fine with my car's BT audio system. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

I'm using iphone 6 ios 9.3.5

31 Replies
Marked as solution

OK I think I fixed mine. I am using an iPhone 6 Plus. I went back through my iPhone updates and saw that my phone has not auto updated to iOS 10. I have updated my phone to iOS 10 and Spotify seems to be working on the Bluetooth in my Toyota Tundra. Good luck!
Marked as solution

As an alternative solution for those of you who aren't ready to upgrade to iOS 10 just yet, make sure the ToyotaEntune app is open on your phone and connected to the car  when attempting to play from Spotify.  This workaround has resolved the issue in both of my Toyota vehicles.  

Yes this is happening on my 2015 Toyota Siena. Random pausing since last Spotify update. I have not updated to IOS 10 yet.
Marked as solution

Fixed mine also. Updated to iOS 10 and issue is gone.

I have 2016 BMW, just upgraded from my iPhone 6 to the iPhone 7 and now when playing spotify on my car it pauses and freezes after a song or two. When I look at the app it would still be playing. All my other apps stream just fine.

On my Toyota I was able to solve the issue by making sure that the Toyota Entune app was started and connected to the car when running Spotify. If BMW has a similar app related to the car's bluetooth system, can you try making sure that is running and connected and see if it makes any difference?

Are you running ios10? That seemed to work for a few people in this thread. Does your BMW have a specific app for its audio system? I have a Toyota like a lot of the other people that were experiencing this problem. The other solution that we found was to connect via Toyota entune app (i think that's what it called) and play Spotify through that app.

I opened and updated the ToyotaEntune app and also upgraded to iOS10. Problem solved!

I hate that they don't help also. It seems like a lot of people have Toyota on here! But I'm driving a VW and have an samsung phone and the exact same issues. Also, same issue when using my Bluetooth wireless headphones... so I'm pretty sure it's the spotify app since the update... but they need to fix!! It's super annoying 🙂

having the same issue right now - thanks for posting!

I have a 2014 Toyota 4Runner and an iPhone 5s. Same exact problem is happening for me. Pauses sporadically- sometimes every 5 or 10 seconds, sometimes every minute. I'll try the ToyotaEntune app because I don't think iOS 10 works on the 5s (??)

I was having the same issue using an avh-p8400-bh with a galaxy s7 with the latest os and the latest version of spotify. Quick uninstall and reinstall of the app solved the problem.

Suggested posts