Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify share links copied from iOS app do not show a preview

Spotify share links copied from iOS app do not show a preview

I'm on an iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16.3.1. Currently using the spotify iOS app version 8.8.24.312. Whenever I share links to song using the 3 dots (...) > share > copy link, it copies a link with the domain spotify.link which doesn't show a preview, rather than open.spotify.com (webplayer). How can I get links from my phone that show a preview when pasted?
4 Replies

Hey @joshvilla36,

Thanks for reaching out and for the info you've provided.

As a first step, can you please let us know which app you're using to share the link and whether the same thing happens on a different device using your account?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @MihailY, do you need additional information than what I provided above. I tried sharing a link from my iPad and it used the same spotify.link url which did not show a preview. iPad OS spotify app version 8.8.24.312. iPad Mini 6th ge, iPadOS 16.1.1.

Hey @joshvilla36,

Thanks for the info shared.

As mentioned by @MihailY above, we'll need to gather some additional info, aside from what you kindly mentioned above 🙂 So, would you mind clarifying to us which app you are using to share links, e.g., Telegram, WhatsApp, etc.? Did you notice if this was happening no matter what app you used to share the link?

On another note, would you mind checking if this is happening on a different device aside from your iPads? It'd be awesome if you could check.

Lastly, some users noticed this same inconvenience, so they posted some workarounds here. We'd recommend having a look at it and trying some of the solutions you can find there (the ones posted by @kalepetals and @lowpolybrain).

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

The app I am using to share the link is discord but I think thats irrelevant because I can post the link in signal, notes etc, and it doesn't show the preview. Again the link is copied as spotify.link instead of open.spotify.com. If I share a link using the desktop app, it shows a preview correctly so this has something to do with iOS.

Suggested posts