Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify in Mini Cooper - Bluetooth

Spotify in Mini Cooper - Bluetooth

Apologies if this is the wrong category to post this.

I recently bought a used 2015 Mini Cooper. I can play Spotify through bluetooth and on the screen it'll display the album art, artist, songs, etc. of the first thing I play. But when the next song comes on, the screen doesn't change and it stays displaying the first song.

Is this a Spotify or Mini issue? Is there a way to resolve this? Annoyingly, I can only use Mini Connected through a usb connection, so I'd rather just use bluetooth.

1 Reply

Hi there @beccy1999,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

This is a known issue, but unfortunately it's not something that can be handled either by Spotify or by the car manufacturers. This issue is related to the Bluetooth profile: AVRCP 1.6, which is used when transferring data like Spotify covert art images between devices. The connectivity between devices causes this issue.

Some older cars don't support it, which can cause issues like the album art not appearing at all or it not updating when a song is changed. This Bluetooth profile needs to be enabled on some phones from Developer settings. 

Currently there is no global workaround to this. You can search online for any workaround mentioned for your specific phone model and car head unit. Hope this info clears things up.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts