Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify shuffles even when shuffle is off

Spotify shuffles even when shuffle is off

I have an iphone X, ios 12.01. I have a premium account, and whenever I want to listen to all songs by an artist, instead of them playing in order like I want them to they are shuffled or randomized. This isn't an issue if I play specific albums, but sometimes I want to listen to all songs by one artist. The shuffle button is turned OFF on the Playing Now screen. How can I fix this? 

9 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I'd also recommend updating to iOS 12.1.1 🙂

Could you also share any screenshots when this is happening?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I have this problem as well. iOS 15. Spotify will NOT stop shuffling no matter the setting it is on. I want spotifys native shuffle off because it is soooo bad at actually shuffling and just shows me the same dozen songs over and over. 

Hey @Britrpretty,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

Could you share with us the troubleshooting you’ve already done? You could start with a clean reinstall to see if this makes a difference. You can see the steps for a clean reinstall here.

On another note, can you let us know the exact make/model of your device along with the Spotify version you use? 

Lastly, is this also happening on other devices? I'd be awesome if you could check.

We'll keep an eye on your response!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Haha yea. Spotify shuffle SUCKS big time since... always. No matter if i am listening on private PC, work PC, tablet, phone, using app or internet browser. shuffle loops a dozen or so songs and thats it 😄 It s completely unusable.

But my biggest problem that is also on all listed methods from previous sentence, is that shuffle turns on its own and i have no idea how to turn it off when in theory is turned off.

Yes!!! Spotify has been so disappointing ... the shuffle is TRASH, i'm so sick of hearing the same 12 songs when i have 5000 of them on my account. It happens no matter what device I'm on, no matter if I update Spotify. The settings on this app are just not good.

I updated the app and everything, restarted my phone like ten times but still: If I skip to the next song on a playlist a random song comes up! Pleaseeee do something!! xx

Not a fix! Does not work!

Not a solution and does not fix ANYTHING at all. 

They just can't honestly tell you that they don't know how to fix the issue. But that's truth. I've tried to have this fixed for years...

I had this same problem I tried everything and nothing worked I checked my queue and I saw that there was my whole playlist in different order so that’s how I fixed my shuffling problem I just cleared my queue

Suggested posts