Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing in iOS 10 with an iPhone 7 Plus

Solved!

Spotify stops playing in iOS 10 with an iPhone 7 Plus

Spotify randomly stops playing on the iPhone 7 Plus (with the latest iOS). When I open Spotify, start playing a song with headphones connected, then lock the screen, the song stops within 15 seconds. Then the app freezes and doesn't respond until I clear the RAM using the shutoff screen/home button combination.

I've tried reinstalling the app, but it still continues to randomly cut off. Would appreciate any workarounds anyone has!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Apparently this is an issue that stems from iOS 10 on the iPhone 7 and 7 plus. I cannot confirm or deny that any of these solutions in the link below will work, it but will eventually be resolved with future iOS updates.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.iphonehacks.com/2016/09/fix-ios-10-bluetooth-problems.html/amp?client...

View solution in original post

16 Replies

I have the same problem with iPhone 7

Spotify, are you planning to fix this????

Cancel Premium and move to Apple Music?!?!

Marked as solution

Apparently this is an issue that stems from iOS 10 on the iPhone 7 and 7 plus. I cannot confirm or deny that any of these solutions in the link below will work, it but will eventually be resolved with future iOS updates.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.iphonehacks.com/2016/09/fix-ios-10-bluetooth-problems.html/amp?client...

Same problem with me with iPhone 7, and not use a Premium account. 

Just want to confirm, this is happening to me as well.   Additionally, I'm having a lot of cut-out during playback.    Never was an issue before the 7 Plus.

I believe it may be your headphones because the wires in there get fried sometimes and I was having the same problem a while ago and I got new headphones and it worked fine ever since.

I am having a hard time with my iPhone 7. Spotify plays through my headphones but not my iPhone speakers. Other apps and iTunes work so it's not a hardware problem. Help! 

Same with my iPhone 7. 

I have got the same problem. Music stops playing when I was locking my phone or when I was going to the home screen or another app. That is a big struggle... Please do sth with it. Spotify was my favorite music app and I was totally obsessed with it but now it is so irritating

I have been having the same problem with my iPhone 7 Plus... I've been using Spotify to stream music for 5 years with no problems! Now songs skip and change speed!! so frustrating! 😞

Same thing here skips and speed changes on Bluetooth only. Have contacted Apple as well. You guys need to get together and fix this because each company says it's not their problem. Here's a video of this issue. Starts about 30 seconds in. https://youtu.be/hIixos8rE08

Similar issues for me (iPhone 7 Plus), including the app crashing when searching for an artist and Bluetooth playback issues. All started with the latest iOS update. Very very frustrating.

I’ve also had the same problem and it’s so frustrating. Have an iPhone 7 and just updated software at the weekend, it’s onkh happened since then. Spotify /Apple please sort this out as it’s so irritating! 

I know it’s so frustrating, I absolutely adore spotify and I would hate to have to seitch to apple music. Spotify please fix this ASAP!!!! 

It’s happening to me as well with iPhone 8 Plus

Suggested posts