Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing

Spotify stops playing

Description

Spotify stops playing (although it says it is still in play mode) within seconds of me starting a song. Will not even play next song.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. First I opened the app

2. Then I pressed play

3. It started playing for 30 seconds

4. Then it completely stops

What I expected to happen

For it to continue playing..

What actually happened

It stopped..

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 4s

13 Replies

I have tried many things, restarting the app, uninstalling and reinstalling, EVERYTHING!

Sounds like this thread. Can you try restarting your iPhone by holding the Home and Lock buttons together for 10 seconds until the screen goes black? Note: not just by holding the Lock button to power off.

I've had the same problem with my iPhone5 and iPad Mini when connected to my car audio interface.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify several times, re-downlaoaded the music directly to my devices....and the problem persists.  I've concluded it must be something wrong with the music tracks.  

Spotify has been a no-show in fixing this bug.

I am having this problem. The song stops at 1:30. Every time.

I have reinstalled the app. Still occurring.

This started two days ago. I am unable to use Spotify! Please help.

I had this problem myself for days, but I found a solution that did work for me. 

1. Go to your device’s Settings
  2. Scroll down until you get to Safari, select that
  3. Select clear history and proceed to clear.
  4. Select clear cookies and data (beneath clear history) and then proceed to clear.
  5. Now you can perform a clean installation of the new app following these instructions:
    Delete the Spotify application from your iPhone/iPod.
    To do this, press and hold the application until it hovers and then press the X symbol
    Restart your iPod/iPhone
    Install Spotify again from the App Store

I found the solution here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/iOS-Troubleshooting-Spotify/m-p/1053... 

I am having a similar problem with downloaded playlists and the radio.  I posted this in response to other messages, but I'm going to post it several places in hopes of getting a response.

I tried reinstalling the Spotify app two times. Once before deleting history and cookies on Safari and once after. (The deletion of the history and cookies was recommended on one of the solution pages.)

The problem is on my iPhone.  It might play one song from a Radio station when I have not used it for a day.  After that one song, it will not play any music from a radio station.  With a downloaded songlist, it will stop a song about 1:30 into it; I cannot restart that song but it will play the next song if I hit the "fast forward" button. The next song stops about 1:30 into it, too. I have played four songs in a row from a songlist and the same thing happens every time.

I have tried it with WiFi and 3G. I have the same problem with both. My desktop version was using the same WiFi that I had a problem with the iPhone, but it had no problems.

My iPad/iPhone model   iPhone 4S

Device’s Operating System:  6.1.3 (10B329)

Is your device jailbroken? No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?:  10 playlists.  Two are downloaded.  

My mobile Spotify version:  0.6.4.2.

My provider and country: Verizon, USA

This is happening to me- 3 seconds in.  My iphone and ipad works ok, its my work computer.

HELP!!  i don't want to cancel my subscription!

thanks

Maggie

Yeah, I started having this exact same problem a little over a minute into any song (even downloaded ones) as soon as I'd updated to 1.3.0.

@Tipsydo

I realised this is a really old thread.. That is before version 1 of the spotify app:

Can you guys check your connection, and reinstall the app?

Are you able to log out from the application and reinstall the app?

Also for users who have songs and playlists that is on available offline, can you login to spotfy.com and hit the offline devices tab and remove all of your offline devices and reinstall the app from the app store and resync?

Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

@jeremygoh I tried re-installing the app, and when that didn't work I tried turning the phone off and on again, which seems to have solved it for now but it may be too soon to tell.

@Slivix @Peter__ have mentioned that switching off and on the phone would've worked in many cases as it completely resets the audio system on the iPhone.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Un-installed and re-installed but my iTouch only plays one song then the volume quits. What is wrong please.

This may be an old thread, but it's happening to me now (July 2016). I have tried all the listed solutions, including re-installing the app etc but I still cannot get playback to work on my ipad for more than a few seconds. It was fine yesterday. 

Suggested posts