Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! iPod nano compatible?

Can you download Spotify on an 8th generation iPod nano if you have premium?

• Can you download Spotify on an 8th generation iPod nano if you have premium?
  • LeanderZoet
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

app on iphone4,

So I have an Iphone 4, but the app is a complete joke, it is very slow, loses playlists randomly and is very slow to resync. I connected my phone up again 2 days ago, everything gone again, so I contacted spotify support, then the problems started. I...

• Casual Listener
  • So I have an Iphone 4, but the app is a complete joke, it is very slow, loses playlists randomly and is very slow to resync.   I connected my phone up again 2 days ago, everything gone again, ...
  • LeanderZoet
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't pay over app store

Hey, so my english is bad, when here is someone who could help me in german would be great.I hasn't enough money on my app store to pay spotify directly over the app store. So, they downgraded me to free.So i load it today. Now i can't pay. There are...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, so my english is bad, when here is someone who could help me in german would be great. I hasn't enough money on my app store to pay spotify directly over the app store. So, they downgraded me t...
  • Kikidoll
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting Songs

Can you delete songs in a group instead of doing each one individually? THanks

• Casual Listener
  • Can you delete songs in a group instead of doing each one individually?   THanks 
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Resuming playback switches to Apple Music

I'm using bluetooth headphones. If I pause Spotify for too long, (around 10 minutes), pressing play starts Apple Music instead? Anyone have any suggestions for how to stop it? I'm assuming it is something to do with suggested apps on IOS, but I don't...

• Roadie
  • I'm using bluetooth headphones.  If I pause Spotify for too long, (around 10 minutes), pressing play starts Apple Music instead?   Anyone have any suggestions for how to stop it?  I'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify premium

Missed a payment on spotify premium so I was downgraded to free. However, even after paying to renew premium, my spotify still shows that I am using a free subscription. Already tried deleting and reinstalling the app. Please help so I'm not wasting ...

• Missed a payment on spotify premium so I was downgraded to free. However, even after paying to renew premium, my spotify still shows that I am using a free subscription. Already tried deleting and re...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not getting push notifications on my iPhone 6

I dont get any push notifications for the notifications I would like to recieve such as new album release, playlists updated, etc. I have gone into my Spotify settings and checked those notification boxes. I have gone into my iPhone notification sett...

• I dont get any push notifications for the notifications I would like to recieve such as new album release, playlists updated, etc. I have gone into my Spotify settings and checked those notification ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I remove downloaded songs?

I just got premium and have been downloading music. I accidentally download the song I don't like and want it off my phone. I know how to remove it from "my music" but how do I get rid of the download...

• I just got premium and have been downloading music. I accidentally download the song I don't like and want it off my phone. I know how to remove it from "my music" but how do I get rid of the downloa...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't find Chromecast in device list, iphone 6

I have an iphone 6 (9.3.2) and bought a new Chromecast audio 2.Using Spotify app (5.6.0.1110), Premium. The CC set up ok, I can cast from my Mac to CC using Chrome browser (youtube etc).However I can't find my CC in Spotifys device list(I find my mac...

• Regular
  • I have an iphone 6 (9.3.2) and bought a new Chromecast audio 2. Using Spotify app (5.6.0.1110), Premium. The CC set up ok, I can cast from my Mac to CC using Chrome browser (youtube etc). However I...
  • stianl
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Existing messages not appearing on Iphone, only on Desktop

Hi, All my messages, new and old, only appear on my computer. I tried reinstalling the Spotify app in my iphone but still nothing. Can anyone help me? Thanks

• Visitor
  • Hi,   All my messages, new and old, only appear on my computer. I tried reinstalling the Spotify app in my iphone but still nothing. Can anyone help me? Thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't sync

Half of my songs in my playlists are not downloading even when they are connected to wifi, I have plenty of space on my phone and the syncing with songs is very random. Help

• Half of my songs in my playlists are not downloading even when they are connected to wifi, I have plenty of space on my phone and the syncing with songs is very random. Help
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iTunes gift card

I have a iTunes gift card and I would like to purchase Spotify premium, but it would not let me. How do I purchase Spotify premium with it times gift card?

• Visitor
  • I have a iTunes gift card and I would like to purchase Spotify premium, but it would not let me. How do I purchase Spotify premium with it times gift card?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

delete my account

i want to delete my account cause there are a lot of problem on my old phone

• Casual Listener
  • i want to delete my account cause there are a lot of problem on my old phone 
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App disapeared from iPhone

Hello everyone, This morning when I opened up my phone to listen to sweet music and I noticed that my app was missing from my phone. I'm unable to redownload it from the app store, when I click on the cloud it start showing the progress circle then i...

• Regular
  • Hello everyone,   This morning when I opened up my phone to listen to sweet music and I noticed that my app was missing from my phone. I'm unable to redownload it from the app store, when I cl...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ipod Touch 5th Gen

Hi, I am looking into buying an ipod touch which I would like for my stored music but I also liked the idea of using Spotify on there (use it on iphone and ipad currently) But reading through some posts I don't understand whether Spotify works with i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I am looking into buying an ipod touch which I would like for my stored music but I also liked the idea of using Spotify on there (use it on iphone and ipad currently)   But readi...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple Watch can no longer skip songs or go back

Up until today I'm assuming with the new iOS update 9.3.2 or maybe even a Spotify update I was able to control my music. Now I am only able to play/pause songs where before I could also skip forward and backwards. Please fix this I loved using Spotif...

• Casual Listener
  • Up until today I'm assuming with the new iOS update 9.3.2 or maybe even a Spotify update I was able to control my music. Now I am only able to play/pause songs where before I could also skip forward ...
  • Rangerschaz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

delete my accou

i want to delete my account cause there are a lot of problem on my old phone

• Casual Listener
  • i want to delete my account cause there are a lot of problem on my old phone 
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on ipad can't be opened

Hello, I used Spotifiy on iPad without any problems until some days ago. Suddenly, the application's got inactive and the brand name under the icon was no longer Spotify but "clean ...". When I click to open the app, it does not react. I've updated t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I used Spotifiy on iPad without any problems until some days ago. Suddenly, the application's got inactive and the brand name under the icon was no longer Spotify but ...
  • Marmouzet
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New iPhone - lost PREMIUM, only gives me FREE version

We have a "Share Everything" plan with Rogers, and we pay to have PREMIUM on up to 3 devices. On Feb 22, 2016 my husband and I both got PREMIUM on each of our iPhones and everything was working great. Then my husband got a new iPhone 5s in March/Apri...

• Visitor
  • We have a "Share Everything" plan with Rogers, and we pay to have PREMIUM on up to 3 devices.  On Feb 22, 2016 my husband and I both got PREMIUM on each of our iPhones and everything was working...
  • the_irrigator
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist is sleeping

When I send my Playlist to a friend it's says that the Playlist is sleeping. Why is it sleeping? Is it because I don't have premium?

• Casual Listener
  • When I send my Playlist to a friend it's says that the Playlist is sleeping. Why is it sleeping? Is it because I don't have premium?
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes