Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Local files won't play after Spotify App Update

Hi! Everytime I update my Spotify app on my iPhone 6, my local files are no longer playable. I must connect my iPhone to my computer, turn off the available offline option via the Spotify iPhone app, and then turn it back on and sync my local files a...

• Hi!   Everytime I update my Spotify app on my iPhone 6, my local files are no longer playable. I must connect my iPhone to my computer, turn off the available offline option via the Spotify iP...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS App 5.7.0. terribly freezing on iOS 9.3.2

..after the 5.7.0. app update (in iOS 9.3.2) the app freezes constantly. After areboot or force close, the first song is played Ok, but after 1 minute or so, scrolling or going back and forth in the app as well as playing music + unlocking the iOS lo...

• ..after the 5.7.0. app update (in iOS 9.3.2) the app freezes constantly. After areboot or force close, the first song is played Ok, but after 1 minute or so, scrolling or going back and forth in the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

how to switch facebook accounts

How do you switch facebook accounts in spotify, the wife's profile keeps coming up after I upgraded my phone!

• How do you switch facebook accounts in spotify, the wife's profile keeps coming up after I upgraded my phone!  
  • anjieeeeeeeeee
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Available Offline Automatically Toggles Off / No Offline Devices

For some reason my available offline option keeps toggling off by itself on my iphone. I will turn it on, go back to my search, and when I get back it toggles off. Also my account doesnt show any offline devices even after I switch my iphone to offli...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason my available offline option keeps toggling off by itself on my iphone. I will turn it on, go back to my search, and when I get back it toggles off.  Also my account doesnt show a...
  • lingo124
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify really not usable in a social way for Non Facebook users

I don't have facebook.Don't want it - don't want them to have my life. I DO love spotify.I DO want to share my music with firends I have on Spotify. Unfortuneately the entire social engine is build on facebook - and it is really clunky and hardly usu...

• Music Fan
  •   I don't have facebook. Don't want it - don't want them to have my life.   I DO love spotify. I DO want to share my music with firends I have on Spotify.   Unfortuneately the e...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Premium Apple

Hello guys!I can't use a credit card either PayPal; but I have Apple Credit and I want to upgrade to premium.Do any of you guys know if I can upgrade my subscription using Apple Credit???

• Hello guys! I can't use a credit card either PayPal; but I have Apple Credit and I want to upgrade to premium. Do any of you guys know if I can upgrade my subscription using Apple Credit???
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Apple iPhone app
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium

My account isn't working and I have premium so someone help thanks.

• Visitor
  • My account isn't working and I have premium so someone help thanks.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant logged in as premium

Since yesterday our spotify account keeps telling us we are free members. This isnt possible because we are premium members with a family account and the monthly contribution is successfull payed from our bankaccount. Why is this happening? Log out a...

• Casual Listener
  • Since yesterday our spotify account keeps telling us we are free members. This isnt possible because we are premium members with a family account and the monthly contribution is successfull payed fro...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • premium doesnt work
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Crashing when downloading

Yesterday (5/27) my songs were downloading and it crashed after it downloads 6-9 songs. I counted and watched it happen 12 times. It's pretty frustrating when I'm listening to great music. It stopped downloading songs eventually and I just went on ab...

• Yesterday (5/27) my songs were downloading and it crashed after it downloads 6-9 songs. I counted and watched it happen 12 times. It's pretty frustrating when I'm listening to great music. It stopped...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

screen cut off after iPad update

After the latest iPad update, my Spotify screen is cut off as seen on the screenshots. I can't use Spotify properly now, anyone else got this problem?how can I fix it? Can I even fix it or does Spotify need to do another update?if there is no solutio...

• After the latest iPad update, my Spotify screen is cut off as seen on the screenshots.  I can't use Spotify properly now, anyone else got this problem? how can I fix it? Can I even fix it or d...
  • yanex72
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't connect through Facebook

always connected my iPad to spotify through Facebook. Decided to download spotify on iPhone, tried to connect through FB, error message says "can't connect to Facebook".Would just sign in using username and password but as far as I know I don't have ...

• always connected my iPad to spotify through Facebook. Decided to download spotify on iPhone, tried to connect through FB, error message says "can't connect to Facebook". Would just sign in using use...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Doesn't Work

I am not sure if I am the only one experiencing this, but my shuffle does not seem to work properly. First, if I shuffle a large playlist, it seems to play the same songs each time. Second, if I skip a song, it will play it immediately after the next...

• I am not sure if I am the only one experiencing this, but my shuffle does not seem to work properly. First, if I shuffle a large playlist, it seems to play the same songs each time. Second, if I...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify stops playing after each track

My app on Galaxy 6 stops playing after every track, so I have to bring up the app window and either press play myself, or forward the track, or open and close the app again. Tried restarting my phone and reinstalling the app. It has been doing this f...

• Casual Listener
  • My app on Galaxy 6 stops playing after every track, so I have to bring up the app window and either press play myself, or forward the track, or open and close the app again. Tried restarting my phone...
  • Ira_jonathan_we
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Does Spotify use up cellular data on Wi-fi?

Hi, I don't know much about electronics, except that I need to stay within my data plan budget.I checked my cellular data usage and found that Spotify uses up a good chunk of my data (I'm still well within my budget), but I'd like to educated on this...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  I don't know much about electronics, except that I need to stay within my data plan budget. I checked my cellular data usage and found that Spotify uses up a good chunk of my data (I'm st...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPod nano compatible?

Can you download Spotify on an 8th generation iPod nano if you have premium?

• Can you download Spotify on an 8th generation iPod nano if you have premium?
  • LeanderZoet
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

app on iphone4,

So I have an Iphone 4, but the app is a complete joke, it is very slow, loses playlists randomly and is very slow to resync. I connected my phone up again 2 days ago, everything gone again, so I contacted spotify support, then the problems started. I...

• Casual Listener
  • So I have an Iphone 4, but the app is a complete joke, it is very slow, loses playlists randomly and is very slow to resync.   I connected my phone up again 2 days ago, everything gone again, ...
  • LeanderZoet
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't pay over app store

Hey, so my english is bad, when here is someone who could help me in german would be great.I hasn't enough money on my app store to pay spotify directly over the app store. So, they downgraded me to free.So i load it today. Now i can't pay. There are...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, so my english is bad, when here is someone who could help me in german would be great. I hasn't enough money on my app store to pay spotify directly over the app store. So, they downgraded me t...
  • Kikidoll
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting Songs

Can you delete songs in a group instead of doing each one individually? THanks

• Casual Listener
  • Can you delete songs in a group instead of doing each one individually?   THanks 
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Resuming playback switches to Apple Music

I'm using bluetooth headphones. If I pause Spotify for too long, (around 10 minutes), pressing play starts Apple Music instead? Anyone have any suggestions for how to stop it? I'm assuming it is something to do with suggested apps on IOS, but I don't...

• Roadie
  • I'm using bluetooth headphones.  If I pause Spotify for too long, (around 10 minutes), pressing play starts Apple Music instead?   Anyone have any suggestions for how to stop it?  I'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify premium

Missed a payment on spotify premium so I was downgraded to free. However, even after paying to renew premium, my spotify still shows that I am using a free subscription. Already tried deleting and reinstalling the app. Please help so I'm not wasting ...

• Missed a payment on spotify premium so I was downgraded to free. However, even after paying to renew premium, my spotify still shows that I am using a free subscription. Already tried deleting and re...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes