Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify stuck on lock screen (iPhone 6/iOS 8.1.3)

Solved!

Spotify stuck on lock screen (iPhone 6/iOS 8.1.3)

Hi all, first time poster, long time Spotifyer. So I came across an issue with the Spotify app on my iPhone 6 running 8.1.3 where if I remove the earphones or pause the music at the lock screen or even in the app itself, that it will stay on the lock screen of the phone even if the app isn't the current one running. 

I don't have background app refresh turned on for any apps either if that would be of any help. Any one else here got the same issue? It's happened on the latest update of Spotify too, and I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app. 

Not the end of the world but, it's starting to get a little bit annoying 😕 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

No Problem and Im not 100% sure its true but that what it looks like to me. Also if this helped please give me Kudos and mark it as a solution

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Further researching in to the issue, it appears that it happens when you unplug the earphones during play that Spotify gets stuck on the lock screen. 

Only way to fix this bug is to quit the application in task manager and then reopen. 

It also happens with some other music apps on 8.1.3, it is most likely something to do with the actual iOS since it happens to other apps besides spotify.

Haha is that right? I confess I haven't noticed it, probably by coincidence since I stopped using the Music app 🙂

Glad to know it ain't just me then. Thanks!
Marked as solution

No Problem and Im not 100% sure its true but that what it looks like to me. Also if this helped please give me Kudos and mark it as a solution

Suggested posts