Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify turns on repeat by itself

Spotify turns on repeat by itself

I have the saved music available and every time I hit "no repeat" the next song comes on and it turns on repeat current song by itself. **bleep**?
44 Replies

SPOTIFY!!!!!!!! Fix the issue please! 

SPOTIFY !!!

Same here. I was on a 4 hour round trip drive recently and needed music to stay awake. Kind of made for a dangerous drive 😒....

I have the same issue and this is really annoying. I don't even know why there's the option for you to have spotify playing similar songs when the playlist/album is done if the app ALWAYS, and ALWAYS and ALWAYS keep activating the repeat mode.

Another thing I realize is if you are listening for some album/playlist in a computer and then move to your phone this freaking reapet activates itself. WHY????

Spotify, please fix this as the entire world claims for it! lol

Iphone 6S, iOS 11.02, Spotify up to date (btw this always happened to me even in iOS 10) 😞

+1 iPhone se, up to date everything. Making for a pretty nice tarnish on my first experiment with Apple in many years, though bigger on Spotify itself 😣 are you guys ok? Things don’t seem very well lately 😰

Lots of kudos for spotify! At least for me apparently the issue is fixed. Let’s see it’s stability but I’m pretty happy so far 🙂

Adding myself to the "me too" pile. Would be great if someone from Spotify would check in here. This has been driving me nuts for years. Seems to happen to me when I go in the car and Spotify continues playing on my iPhone. When I go back to my Mac, repeat is enabled.

I too have this issue on iOS. My 7s turns on repeat all the time, I have NEVER turned it on myself. When I was using Spotify on my Android galaxy 5, I never had any issues. But ever since I started using the iPhone, it has been a problem. 

I’m not sure this is an iPhone issue either. When I owned a mustang repeat turned on constantly. Just sold the mustang and it has not done it even once on a Honda CR-V.

I agree. I did some testing with a Spotify support agent via Twitter a few days ago. And it only happens, and happens every single time my phone connects to my Toyota Camry. Either Bluetooth or USB. As soon as the phone makes the connection, repeat is enabled.

Spotify should make a way to turn the repeat button off In settings,. Making it totally disabled. I have never used it and I imagine most people do not use the repeat button at all. Would probably be an easier fix than working with all the different car manufacturers to find the code.

Spotify fix this thing that your PAYING customers hate. 

At least have the decency to respond to all of these messages. 

Change your password. An unauthorized user may have access and could be turning on weird settings. 

FIXED: I logged all intsnaces out and changed password.

Started happening to me daily about a week ago. Please fix this, I'm getting really annoyed with turning that off multiple times a day! And it is now happening on all platforms I listen to. I'll turn it off on my computer, then when I go to listen to my phone it is back on. So I have to turn it off on my phone as well, but then when I flip back to my computer, it is turned back on. Please fix this! And while you're at it stop automatically connecting my devices, that has only caused problems and now here is another one caused by the same "feature".

Happening to me as well, Premium member, both on iMac desktop and mobile app for iOS. Have to manually turn them both, random & shuffle, off after every song. 

please allow a way to disable the loop function. causes WAY more problems than it is worth. i thought there was a shuffle issue because my shuffle was playing same artists/repeats. it's because the playlist loop get activated automatically. let us DISABLE!!!

I want an album to repeat. How do I do that ... I do this with iPhone.

@CaseyJayy wrote:
I have the saved music available and every time I hit "no repeat" the next song comes on and it turns on repeat current song by itself. **bleep**?

Im having this problem too

HI Spotify, NO ONE from your support team has answered this question made by dozens of paying users that this issue is beyond just a re-install. GIVE US THE ABILITY TO DEACTIVEATE REPEAT AND/OR SHUFFLE since the system you are using now sucks having to turn repeat off multiple times in a sitting.

Is it just me, or has this finally been fixed? I opened another conversation with SpotifyCares on Twitter after the last reply a week and a half ago, and urged them to do something about it. Even went through another round of testing on my end.

I've been in and out of my car several times over the past few days, and repeat hasn't re-enabled itself.

Suggested posts