Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify wakes switched off connected device without having selected it.

Spotify wakes switched off connected device without having selected it.

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

iPhone 12 Pro, but also includes web player and desktop app.

Operating System

iOS 14, macOS 11.2

My Question or Issue

After connecting my Samsung Q900T soundbar to Spotify, the device wakes up whenever I play a song in the app. This happens on both mobile app as well as desktop and web apps.

Even if I turn off my soundbar and make sure that within the app I have my phone selected if I'm using the mobile app, (or laptop if I'm using the desktop app) the soundbar still turns on after I hit play.

This of course is an issue, because I don't want my soundbar on whenever I listen to Spotify.

5 Replies

Hey there @21eccajd4,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you let us know which version of the apps you have?

Also, can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We also suggest that you make sure that the device firmware are up to date.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey Jeremy,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm running the newest firmware on my soundbar.

iOS app: 8.6.16.1012

Desktop app: 1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de

I've been able to reproduce this problem with two of my friends accounts as well.

Hi @21eccajd4,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you trylogging out Everywhere on your account and after that connecting only to one device, such as your phone and the soundbar. Also make sure the soundbar is not paired with the phone via Bluetooth. If it is try to forger/remove the device.

Does the soundbar switch on automatically after that if you've selected to play music on the phone.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I logged out of all my devices, then logged in on my phone. After the first connection to the device is made, the soundbar still turns on automatically when I hit play on my phone, even if its not selected.

The only temporary workaround I found, was to manually forget the device in the connected devices screen. As soon as I do that the soundbar no longer turns on automatically. But this of course would force me to manually forget the device every time I listen to Spotify on it, which is a bit of a hassle.

I never connected any devices to my soundbar via Bluetooth.

I even factory reset the soundbar and reinstalled the Spotify app on my phone, which didn't help neither.

Hi there @21eccajd4,

Thank you for your reply.

Connect APIn is implemented by the manufacturer, and it seems that when other devices search for Connect devices, this is started.

We recommend that you contact the speaker manufacturer.

Let us know how everything goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts