Spotify won't forget a Spotify Connect device

Solved!

Spotify won't forget a Spotify Connect device

Harry351

Plan Premium

Free/Premium

Country UK

Device iPhone X

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System iOS 14

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

When listening on my phone and then selecting another device to stream to, one of the devices listed is my laptop. I don't want the laptop to come up as an option, so I click on '...' next to the device name and select 'Forget device'. However, a fraction of a second after the device name disappears, it reappears again. 

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify won't forget a Spotify Connect device

Mihail

Hey @Harry351,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Keep in mind that if two devices, logged in to the same Spotify account on the same network will show in the Devices menu. The forget device option does the trick when trying to unlink devices that are no longer on the same network. Alternatively you can switch on Show local devices only in the settings menu on mobile devices and restart the app.

Other users have also went ahead and posted this idea that requests the option to turn off Connect. If that's something you would like you can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates. 

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Solution!

Re: Spotify won't forget a Spotify Connect device

Mihail

Hey @Harry351,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Keep in mind that if two devices, logged in to the same Spotify account on the same network will show in the Devices menu. The forget device option does the trick when trying to unlink devices that are no longer on the same network. Alternatively you can switch on Show local devices only in the settings menu on mobile devices and restart the app.

Other users have also went ahead and posted this idea that requests the option to turn off Connect. If that's something you would like you can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates. 

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS