NEXT STEP

Spotify won't forget a Spotify Connect device

Solved!

Spotify won't forget a Spotify Connect device

Plan Premium

Free/Premium

Country UK

Device iPhone X

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System iOS 14

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

When listening on my phone and then selecting another device to stream to, one of the devices listed is my laptop. I don't want the laptop to come up as an option, so I click on '...' next to the device name and select 'Forget device'. However, a fraction of a second after the device name disappears, it reappears again. 

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Harry351,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Keep in mind that if two devices, logged in to the same Spotify account on the same network will show in the Devices menu. The forget device option does the trick when trying to unlink devices that are no longer on the same network. Alternatively you can switch on Show local devices only in the settings menu on mobile devices and restart the app.

Other users have also went ahead and posted this idea that requests the option to turn off Connect. If that's something you would like you can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates. 

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Harry351,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Keep in mind that if two devices, logged in to the same Spotify account on the same network will show in the Devices menu. The forget device option does the trick when trying to unlink devices that are no longer on the same network. Alternatively you can switch on Show local devices only in the settings menu on mobile devices and restart the app.

Other users have also went ahead and posted this idea that requests the option to turn off Connect. If that's something you would like you can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates. 

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have s similar problem, however my device is an AV by Yamaha, and its on a different network kilometers away… I only connected to it for a party weeks ago… despite this it still pops back mere milliseconds after clicking forget…

Hi @Lesani,

Thanks for posting on the Community. 

Just to confirm, did you enable the option "Show local devices only" in the settings menu in the mobile app? Also, we recommend that you reinstall the app by following these steps and sign out everywhere here. Afterwards, restart your device and tell us if the issue persists.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

1: Why would I enable a setting that restricts my ability to control my receiver when my phone is on LTE instead of wifi?

2: also why would I delete gigabytes worth of offline saved music to delete a connect device

3: for which‘s deletion there is a dedicated function called ‚forget device‘

4: I‘ve been with spotify for long enough, usually stuff works. Just make this function work instead of making a user do cumbersome workarounds or intentionally limiting functionality 

thanks

I am having the same issue.   I have clicked on “forget device” several times but the device reappears in seconds.   How do I permanently delete it?   I have deleted and reinstalled the app but the issue persists.  

You cannot. Spotify bugs out with this completely, and they have not fixed it in many versions.
The device disappears when someone else connects their spotify with it.
I just hope for you that that still works even with the ‚multiple users can connect to one speaker‘ feature

For some reason I can’t make my own question but my dad uses his echo everyday which I have connected to one time. For some reason whenever he uses it, it says it’s playing on my phone and we don’t share a Spotify account. I can’t listen to my music because his music is on the music bar. I turned on “show local devices only” since we don’t use the same wifi and it still shows up, what do I do?

Hi there @Melonsp,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

In this case, we'd recommend going to your Account Overview page > 'Manage apps' and from there, click on 'Remove Access' to Alexa. Additionally, we'd recommend telling your dad to disable the Spotify skill from the Amazon Alexa app and then add it again, making sure to log in with his own Spotify account.

Let us know how that goes.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

forget device doesn't work

Suggested posts