Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won’t open on ipod

Spotify won’t open on ipod

I bought a new iPod touch and set myself up with a new Spotify account but after the app asks me to log in it just freezes and takes me back to the home screen.

I have tried to update the software and reinstalled the app on numerous occasions but it keeps happeneing. I also have log in using another Spotify account and it works - it’s just this one that doesn’t. It’s very frustrating - can anyone help please??

8 Replies

I'm having the same issue with my wife's iPod touch. It's brand new, she just bought it for work. It worked for a few days, and then when I added her to my premium account, the app stopped working. Upon first opening it shows the login screen, but when she logs in the app crashes and continually crashes every time you try to re-open it. I've tried to reinstall several times, I've tried re-setting the region, I've rebooted the iPod touch multiple times, I've even done a full factory reset. Nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I finally contacted Spotify via chat. They were able to fix it but it took an hour or so to work through it. They had to close down the account and you basically had to recreate it from scratch. However they are able to copy over songs, playlists, etc. To make it less painful.  The bad news is that I've now had to do this twice...so it doesn't seem to be a permanent fix.

Me too

Tengo el mismo problema, espero lo solucionen pronto

I had same issue. Was OK about 6 weeks ago but now just dumps out to ipod touch home screen. I've reinstalled, been to Apple store - no idea. It's a family plan, not sure if that makes a difference. Account works fine on kindles, sonos etc.

I also have a family plan, possibly come from that

Mine is a family plan as well.

I’m having this problem now. Also a family account.

Suggested posts