Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won’t play when offline

Spotify won’t play when offline

Plan

Premium 

Country

Netherland

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 14.6

My Question or Issue

I can’t play any songs when I’m offline my Spotify keeps saying ur offline and can’t play any songs I tried re installing and it worked for a few week and then the problem is still occurring I have 16.08 GB space left and I also have premium I checked everything I even tried deleting cache and I still got the problem. I have had this problem also a month ago I even got a help from a Spotify support.

im also on the 8.6.46.1081 version

11 Replies

Hi @Screamhand! Thanks for reporting this in the community! 👋

I understand you can't play any songs offline, but let me get a point, do you have a downloaded playlist to play it offline?
If so, the Spotify app keeps saying you can't play songs even if they're downloaded and you have an internet connection?

I'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mateus.

MateusMSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I tried the downloaded playlist and it is still not playing the song when I’m offline without any internet connection with a internet connection I can play any song

Hi @Screamhand, thanks for keeping us posted!

Have you tried to download this playlist again, turned off your internet, and try to play it again? Did it work for you?

This playlist you have downloaded, is it a personal playlist, third part playlist, or a Spotify playlist?

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Mateus.

MateusMSpotify Star

I tried re downloading the playlist and turned off the internet now part of the playlist kinda works.

I think it’s my personal playlist I use the liked song playlist. I have also tried someone else playlist and also Spotify playlist all off not working only in my likes song a few song work

Heey @Screamhand!

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Just to confirm, have you tried logging in to another device and played any downloaded playlist? Did it work using your own account? I'd like to know if it's only happening on your phone or on other devices as well.

We'd suggest that you try logging out and then logging back twice. This may sound odd, but it's how the app forces a cache refresh.

Mateus.

MateusMSpotify Star

Hello @MateusM

i tried loggin off and logging back on and also deleted cache none of them worked.

I tried it on another device and that worked cuz I had to download all my songs again. As said deleting and downloading Spotify and downloading all the songs again worked for a few week and then the problem still occurred.

I had this problem a month ago a Spotify support deleted a corrupted device but that worked for only a month. 

Hey @Screamhand!

Thanks for getting back to us! 🙂

Seems there's still an issue with the cache. Do you use any cache clearing app on your device? 

Also, can you try logging into the Spotify app using another Premium account from a friend or relative to test if the downloaded music works?

Keep us posted 🙂 

Mateus.

MateusMSpotify Star

I don’t use any cache clearing app

and I have also tried it on a friend account and there it worked perfectly. 

Hey @Screamhand! Thanks for keeping us posted!

Can you confirm us if you followed the steps mentioned in this article? If not, we highly recommend you perform a clean reinstall, as this is more thorough than a regular reinstall and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble on your device.

Mateus.

MateusMSpotify Star

I can confirm i have follow all the steps.

ima just gonna reinstall the app and hope it doesn’t happen again

Hi again @Screamhand! Thanks for keeping in touch with us. 🙂

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd suggest you contact Spotify's customer support and ask them to remove any potential corrupt devices that can be causing this issue.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please, feel free to reach out to the community, we're more than happy to help you out!

Have a great Friday and weekend. 🙂 

MateusMSpotify Star

Suggested posts