Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred playlist is corrupt

Solved!

Starred playlist is corrupt

Hi,

I think my starred playlist is corrupt.  Adding new songs results in them not showing up accross devices or even on the same device after the app has been closed and reopened.  Also if I go offline, even though the playlist is downladed, I cannot see any of the songs in it.  The issue is happening on both my iPhone and iPad.  Can somebody investigate?

Thanks,

James

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Use this contact form so they can troubleshoot what might be going on with your starred playlist, if you get an automated reply just reply directly to that email. They will also be able to wipe your starred playlist if they need to 🙂

Hope this gets sorted out! 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Everything looks okay with your Starred list from our end -- there's currently 249 tracks in it.

It's not ideal, but does a clean reinstall on both iPad and iPhone help?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I've tried that on both devices, I can only see 241 songs on the ipad, and 242 on the iphone, but if I close the iphone app and reopen it loses the most recent one

Hello!

Have you tried a soft reset (sometimes that can fix weird problems like this haha) you hold the home button, and the power button until you see the apple logo. 

Let me know! 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

Yep i've tried this, infact I even got a new iPad air recently and the problem is on there too. In fact if I look at the Spotify web player I dont see the new songs either.  You mentioned you see 249 songs on the list...im wondering if there are some corrupt ones somewhere in the middle?  I've noticed some funny behaviour with the offline mode for a few months now so wonder if that could be it.  If we cant resolve it is it possible to wipe the playlist altogether because this is frustrating, its the list I use most!

Thanks agains,

James

Hello again!

It only happens with your starred playlist, nothing else? 

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

Yep, the other playlists work great

Hmmm..If you go into your starred playlist go all the way to the bottom, hold shift, then go all the way to the top press the first song it will highlight all of the songs, you can transfer it to a new playlist 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

I guess I will have to wait until I get back to my PC then, but this wont fix the starred list.  Can a spotify staff member/admin wipe the starred list for me so I know its properly cleared of any broken songs/whatever is causing the problem?

Marked as solution

Use this contact form so they can troubleshoot what might be going on with your starred playlist, if you get an automated reply just reply directly to that email. They will also be able to wipe your starred playlist if they need to 🙂

Hope this gets sorted out! 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

Thanks - they sorted it out for me

How? I have the exact same issue. I have tried reloading OXS & IOS apps several times. It has been happening for weeks. I evencleared my entier stared playlist and have been trying to add soem back. They never stick.

thanks

Starring a single track from the web player should then make them stick in other apps:
https://play.spotify.com/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts