Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stop Spotify automatically playing on airplay

Stop Spotify automatically playing on airplay

Premium account using iPhone 14 Pro Max on ios 16.3.1

When I connect via Bluetooth to my truck Spotify will continue to play automatically via AirPlay even though the Spotify app is closed.

Automatic play is turned off on my iPhone, my truck and in the Spotify app. This issue is only with Spotify... I can be playing other streaming apps (video and/or audio) and no other app autoplays. The only thing I can see is Spotify is playing using AirPlay and not directly via Bluetooth. 

Before answering please DO NOT tell me to uninstall/reinstall, check settings on the app, phone, truck, etc. I've done ALL of that.

1 Reply

Howdy, so it sounds like you've already done a lot of troubleshooting to try to fix this issue. Here's a light suggestion that you could try:

You mentioned that Spotify is playing via AirPlay instead of directly via Bluetooth. Try disabling AirPlay on your iPhone and see if that solves the issue. To do this, swipe down from the top right corner of your iPhone to access Control Center, then tap the AirPlay icon and select "iPhone" instead of your truck.

If that doesn't work, you could try using a different device to see if the issue persists. It's possible that there's a compatibility issue between Spotify and your truck's Bluetooth system.

I hope this helps,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts