Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stop personalizing spotify made playlist for me

Stop personalizing spotify made playlist for me

A couple months ago spotify started customizing its own playlists based on what i like but i go to these playlists (decades, dinner music playlists, etc.) to listen to something i don't usually listen to. How do i get spotify to stop customizing its own playlists and just play its standard playlist like it used to?

About ready to cancel my premium just so i can use the old unpersonalized playlist.

7 Replies

Hey @joestanwin,

Thanks for reaching out.

Are you able to share a screenshot of such playlist? 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is a screenshot of the All Out 90's playlist for example. When i logged out and looked at it, none of these songs were on the playlist.

Spotify Image.PNG

Hey there,

Thanks for sending in that screenshot. 🙂

I'm not really sure about this, but it might be that Spotify are testing a new feature, which is why you are seeing your app behave in this way. For more info, check out this support article.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @joestanwin.

Just to update you on this: another user posted in the Community with the same query, and we thought our reply to them might also be relevant to you. Make sure to check it out here.

Hope that helps - let us know if you have any other questions 😉

I just found a button in settings that "block all cookies for this installation of the Spotify desktop app" I haven't used it yet, but it might be what you are looking for. to get to it, you have to click on the V button in the top right corner, in between your name and the close button, scroll all the way down until you reach the (show advanced settings button), click on it, and at the bottom, you will see it.

Capture.PNG

(mobile only and temporary fix) A little late, but if you want to reset playlists, you have to clear the data and cache on your app. This is only good for like a week before Spotify starts to add and shift songs around again. 

This is what I've been doing until they add a feature to just turn it off

Suggested posts