Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Streaming with Cellular Data

Streaming with Cellular Data

I just purchased an iPhone 8 today and synced all of my data to it. For some reason my spotify won’t let me stream from cellular data (I have unlimited data with my carrier’s plan). 

It it will only play on wifi. What can I do to fix this? My cellular data is turned on for Spotify in my settings. 

41A5B9E9-77B5-4066-8A9A-B58C6AC3F68A.png
3 Replies

Hey @abbymarko, here to help!

Could you try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app? If that doesn't help, could you let me know your current iOS version? 

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am having the same issue. I am only able to stream if I am on WiFi regardless of where I am. Clean install of the app,no data restrictions, IOS is up to date, all cellular options are correct.  I had no issues before I went to premium.

Hey @McLockness@abbymarko.

Could you try to restart your device and see if that helps? 

If not, let's go here and remove any devices you see listed. After that, it'd be best if you can perform a clean reinstall of the app following the steps here instead.

If that still doesn't help, please provide any screenshots or screen recordings of what's happening or any error messages you see. Please make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community.

Lastly, is this happening with any other apps, or if you can access the app with a different Spotify account (if possible).

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts