Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Apple Watch Series 6 Cellular

Operating System

WatchOS 9b7

My Question or Issue

I know that WatchOS 9 is still in beta but as we are already on b7 this issue might make it into the production version. 

When streaming Spotify with the AppleWatch to AirPod Pros the following issues appear:

- the stream stops after approx. 30s

- when skipping a track, the song progress bar continues to decrease, but you cannot hear the stream

- this happens with both, Wi-Fi and Cellular connections

- it works fine with downloaded content, so its not related to the AirPods.

Hope this known and worked on. 

8 Replies

Me too.

This happens on Release Candidate as well. which is really troublesome.

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We appreciate the tests you have done so far and for sharing that info. As you mentioned, this could be related to the recent release of the device. However, we need more details to keep investigating this case.

First, would you mind checking if it happens when you connect your Watch to a Bluetooth device different than your AirPods pro?

Also, would you mind checking if the Watch OS or the Spotify app has any pending update that could be affecting the behavior of the app.

Lastly, include in your next response the Watch OS of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running. This will give us a better look.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Upgraded working setup to iOS 9 using airpod pros and it plays 1 song and then stops. Can force close app on watch and will play one song again and then quit.  Tried on Wi-Fi and on lte. Exact same issue. Everything up to date as of today. 

Same problem here, worked until I updated to WatchOS 9 😕

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies in this thread. 

We're aware of an Ongoing Issue causing the behavior that you describe. We'd suggest heading to this thread and checking its current Status for more info.

Thanks for understanding.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am also having trouble downloading playlists. It will say 1 of 50
downloaded for about 5 minutes, then say failed. I am connected to wifi and
near my phone.

I had this issue initially. Fix suggested was to unpair the watch and phone and start from scratch…worked but it’s a cumbersome fix 

Suggested posts