Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing Local Files To iPod Touch

Syncing Local Files To iPod Touch

So I am trying to sync some of my local files to my iPod Touch 4th generation. I have the latest version of both iOS (6.1.2) and Spotify (0.6.0) on my iPod. Now last night, I synced around 450 songs. They all copied perfectly and I have no issue with them. Now this morning, when I try and sync three more albums (all by The Wedding if that is any help) and it copied two and a half of them. On my iPod I can play them perfectly, while the half that is missing is, well, missing. When syncing it shows a little gray download arrow on my iPod next to the song meaning it is going to be downloaded. Then it has the spinner to load it, and after the spinner disappears the green "downloaded" arrow appears for about a second then disappears. After that I am unable to play any of those songs while playing the ones with the green downloaded arrow goes smoothly.

Is there a reason they are not downloading to my iPod successfully? 

I tried restarting spotify, the desktop client and the iOS app, and I also rebooted my iPod and those songs are not syncing at all.

I am really disappointed with this because I am seeing this band in concert tonight and I want to listen to them before I go.. 😕

5 Replies

Have you tried reinstallation of both desktop and iOS Spotify?

What format are those local files stored in on your computer?

Also, worth checking do you have enough storage space left on your iPod Touch?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have not tried reinstalling either, because I just installed the iOS app yesterday and the Desktop app was installed about a week ago.

I have PLENTY of space on my iPod (32 gb iPod with 5.5 gb used, leaving around 25 gb free space) and and I believe they are all m4a, because they were imported with iTunes.

That sounds very strange.

I really want to use Spotify as my music manager, and ditch iTunes, but this is just not working. I think I'm just going to have to wait for these issues to be ironed out and stick with iTunes for now.

Suggested posts