Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The NEW iOS Looks Great, but SUCKS!

The NEW iOS Looks Great, but SUCKS!

I like this new design, but there are some major changes that I dislike.

MAIN:  Man is this new app SLOWWWWWWWWW.  I hate trying to switch tracks.  Simply going the next song may make it crash on my 4S or 5S.  This is ridiculous.  There are tons of bugs in here.  It doesn't even seem that much faster to start up.  But using it normally is a PAIN now.  What happened???

1) The new Shuffle Play button is massive and an overstated addition, as if everyone like to play their music on shuffle.

2a) It takes too much effor tot get to the Search bar in a playlist.

2b) After searching, select the song and go to any other menu on that song, and when you return to the playlist, the string you searched for is no longer there.  [This prevents you from playing all songs by X artist, or with Y title within a playlist.]

2c) After searching and playing a song, going back to the playlist makes the Shuffle Play button overlap the search box making you have to back up one more level and then go back again to the playlist to search again.  BUG!

3) The shuffle and repeat buttons at the bottom of the screen used to be on the right.

4) The repeat button should allow you to repeat ALL songs and/or repeat the ONE currently playing song.

5) BRING BACK THE STARS!  When searching and discovering new music, I cannot see which track I may have heard before and added to a playlist.  (I used stars as a signal that a song is already in one of my playlists, since it doesn't prompt you that you may be adding a duplicate track.)

6) Duplicate songs within a playlist are an annoying issue.  PLEASE notify users if they're adding a song into a playlist that's already there!

7) It's TOO dark…some album art is mainly black and really makes for a messy experience when you can't tell what is where.

😎  Being able to tap the album and see options to explore the album, the artist, star the track…..BRING THIS BACK!  Tapping the album art does nothing now….that's not intuitive.  Tapping the album should reveal actions relative to that album.

5 Replies

I am also having massive problems with this. It's taking 7 seconds to change a track and if I try to change song again after that it crashes completely. Is there a way that I can undo this terrible update and go back to the version that actually works please? Otherwise I'll have to cancel my premium subscription. 

My main problem is how unresponsive Spotify has become on my iPhone 5.  Navigating to another screen takes seconds. How is that even possible? it is a music player for Pete's sake, it should run on a potato!

It is like the second coming of Winamp 3. All the other changes I can live with, I have even used the shuffle function, but the performance issues need to be fixed. 

I've got the same issues and I also noticed that since I updated to the new version the battery of my phone (iPhone 5) dies faster than it did before the update so the new app takes way more battery which I hate cause now my phone doesn't even last from morning to evening wothout recharging it.

@06Bine09 wrote:

I've got the same issues and I also noticed that since I updated to the new version the battery of my phone (iPhone 5) dies faster than it did before the update so the new app takes way more battery which I hate cause now my phone doesn't even last from morning to evening wothout recharging it.

Yeah whatever this app is doing now is totally eating up the battery. By midday I'm down to under 50%. Something is really wrong. 

i really love spotify and everything wirks fine but the new update just sucks. im just waiting for the one where all the bugs getting fixed otherwise i will cancel my premium account. i wont pay money for this **bleep**.

Suggested posts