Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 36 likes

Ipad App Huge because of "Data & documents"

Hi, I am really enjoying the iPad Spotify App. I think it is greatly designed and is easy to use. About one thing I am wondering though. The app itself is around 12 MB big but on my iPad is uses up to almost 1 GB for the so called "Data and Documents...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   I am really enjoying the iPad Spotify App. I think it is greatly designed and is easy to use. About one thing I am wondering though. The app itself is around 12 MB big but on my iPad i...
  • rainieer
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Won't Sync to Phone

I'm having a problem syncing my local files to my iPhone 5S and I'm about to pull my hair out. I've had premium for ages and it's been syncing my local files fine, but all of the sudden it's stopped. I've tried everything. I've uninstalled and reinst...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having a problem syncing my local files to my iPhone 5S and I'm about to pull my hair out. I've had premium for ages and it's been syncing my local files fine, but all of the sudden it's stopped....
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing to Mobile issues

Ok so i don't think I had this problem when I did it the first time. Had to get a new phone though. So I have made a bunch of offline playlist and sync them to my phone. But you have to have the spotify App open on my phone for it to show up on the d...

• Casual Listener
  • Ok so i don't think I had this problem when I did it the first time. Had to get a new phone though. So I have made a bunch of offline playlist and sync them to my phone. But you have to have the spot...
  • Scriven_j
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account not working on iPhone 5

I just recently downloaded Spotify Premium on my Macbook which works perfectly fine. But when I downloaded the app on my iPhone 5, Spotify does not recognize the Premium account that I have on my Macbook. I have re-installed the app on my iPhone seve...

• I just recently downloaded Spotify Premium on my Macbook which works perfectly fine. But when I downloaded the app on my iPhone 5, Spotify does not recognize the Premium account that I have on my Mac...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Full Battery of Complaints

Hi Spotify, just one of your lowly paid subscribers here... I've been with you for a long time now, which is admittedly consistent with my long history of sticking with bad relationships. Things started off great, as they always do - at first I only ...

• Regular
  • Hi Spotify, just one of your lowly paid subscribers here...    I've been with you for a long time now, which is admittedly consistent with my long history of sticking with bad relationshi...
  • Tbzzle
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing with Cross-Fade turned on

I downloaded the latest version Tuesday, and it was working fine for a while. When I turned on the Cross Fade, it started freezing at the end of songs. I downloaded the app again, and had the same problem. Then I turned off the Cross-Fade, and it has...

• Gig Goer
  • I downloaded the latest version Tuesday, and it was working fine for a while. When I turned on the Cross Fade, it started freezing at the end of songs. I downloaded the app again, and had the same pr...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Messages status not synced across devices

The status (read/unread) of the messages in my inbox is not synced across devices between the desktop version (PC and Mac) and the iPhone app. This means that I have to play the songs in the iPhone app (even though I have already played and read the ...

• Gig Goer
  • The status (read/unread) of the messages in my inbox is not synced across devices between the desktop version (PC and Mac) and the iPhone app.   This means that I have to play the songs in t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't recognize my phone 5 or sync local files please help

Every day I plug my phone and try to recognize it but I tons work. Being going on for a month and I can't take this any more I need my local files. I will not pay for this if I can't use it to its full ability. Please help me I really need my local f...

• Casual Listener
  • Every day I plug my phone and try to recognize it but I tons work.  Being going on for a month and I can't take this any more I need my local files. I will not pay for this if I can't use it to ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover button

Discover tab is great on my galaxy phone. Why doesn't it exist on ipad app? I just updated it and still nothing....

• Casual Listener
  • Discover tab is great on my galaxy phone. Why doesn't it exist on ipad app? I just updated it and still nothing....
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is playing a different version of the songs on iPhone from the ones on the desktop

Well... the last days I have this problem that I try to listen to a playlist I've created (Adele's live at Royal Albert Hall) and when I listen to it on the desktop's Spotify, everything's fine, but when I try to listen to it via my iPhone's Spotify,...

• Well... the last days I have this problem that I try to listen to a playlist I've created (Adele's live at Royal Albert Hall) and when I listen to it on the desktop's Spotify, everything's fine, but ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing space says it's used up but none of playlists are synced

Hi, I have been using Spotify for a long time and have always had one playlist synced for offline playing on my iPhone 4s. However, a few days ago I looked at my Spotify app and all of the previously synced songs were no longer synced, I'm thinking m...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have been using Spotify for a long time and have always had one playlist synced for offline playing on my iPhone 4s.  However, a few days ago I looked at my Spotify app and all of the prev...
  • tiggerl15
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why do I keep getting Error: 408

It's been several days since I cannot log in my Spotify account in both my iPod Touch and iPhone 4S. Please Help Me. Please note:• I am logging in using Facebook• I have Facebook installed in each of my devices• I am not using a firewall. The ISP has...

spotify_408.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • It's been several days since I cannot log in my Spotify account in both my iPod Touch and iPhone 4S. Please Help Me.   Please note: • I am logging in using Facebook • I have Facebook install...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Free streaming on iOS 4?

Hey, so recently Spotify became free on iOS devices, you don't need Premium anymore to stream on your iPod. It would be nice, but I have an old iPod touch (2g) with iOS 4.2, and have the latest available Spotify version on it (the big light green log...

• Hey,   so recently Spotify became free on iOS devices, you don't need Premium anymore to stream on your iPod. It would be nice, but I have an old iPod touch (2g) with iOS 4.2, and have the l...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Loading iTunes library and Spotify playlist in iPod. HOW?

I've got an extensive iTunes library. I want to add my Spotify playlists to my iPod. How do I synch both iTunes and Spotify on the same iPod?

• I've got an extensive iTunes library. I want to add my Spotify playlists to my iPod. How do I synch both iTunes and Spotify on the same iPod?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Linked tracks won't play on iPhone 5S

Hi all, hope you can help me define this problem. First of all, I am not using any local files via Spotify. All the boxes that has anything to do with this are unchecked. The problem is that I have some linked tracks (awesome feature!) in my Spotify ...

• Regular
  • Hi all, hope you can help me define this problem.   First of all, I am not using any local files via Spotify. All the boxes that has anything to do with this are unchecked.   The pr...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't work at all on my iPhone

I had premium and it was working great over 3G until you guys made free music available on mobile. Now I've been forced to cancel my monthly subscription cause spotify just does not work anymore. I tried rebooting my phone, uninstalling the app, eras...

• I had premium and it was working great over 3G until you guys made free music available on mobile. Now I've been forced to cancel my monthly subscription cause spotify just does not work anymore. I t...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • IPHONE 4
    Spotify won't work
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

ipod touch running ios5

Hi all, im from the Uk, cannot download app as app store says need ios6 or higher. Was thinking of going to premium but no point if I cannot get this to work. Read various posts saying new app should recognise what ios is running but obviously does n...

• Regular
  • Hi all, im from the Uk, cannot download app as app store says need ios6 or higher. Was thinking of going to premium but no point if I cannot get this to work. Read various posts saying new app should...
  • paulnw95
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

songs won't sync on my iPhone

my songs will sync perfectly fine on my computer, but the second I try to sync them in order to listen to them offline on my phone, nothing happens. they won't sync. I have an iPhone 4S, I've made sure there's enough storage on my phone, and I've tri...

• my songs will sync perfectly fine on my computer, but the second I try to sync them in order to listen to them offline on my phone, nothing happens. they won't sync. I have an iPhone 4S, I've made su...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Explicit vs. Edited The-Dream IV Play

I was looking at this album today in both the desktop app and on IOS when searching on the desktop app I can find the Explicit version but when I search all albums only the edited version comes up is this typical?

• Regular
  • I was looking at this album today in both the desktop app and on IOS when searching on the desktop app I can find the Explicit version but when I search all albums only the edited version comes up is...
  • Jack_H
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I just cant sync this specific album...

i know the album is not available for my country but, i originally own it on itunes and i want it on spotify... but the songs wont Play. Any suggestions?, thnx

• i know the album is not available for my country but, i originally own it on itunes and i want it on spotify... but the songs wont Play. Any suggestions?, thnx
  • abojorgesus
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes