Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify Connect

Hello der Community,I have i Problem with my Spotify Account.I just bought a Philips A3 speaker, so i can use Spotify Connect.But i cant Stream the Music from my iphone or iPad to it. Einher i cant Stream the Music from my iphone to the iPad. I think...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello der Community, I have i Problem with my Spotify Account. I just bought a Philips A3 speaker, so i can use Spotify Connect. But i cant Stream the Music from my iphone or iPad to it. Einher i ...
  • Annilo
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

I thought mobile was free

I have an ipod touch second generation and downloaded the spotify app. It worked amazing until tonight when all the music is greyed out and says i need to purchase premium I thought spotify was free on mobile forever?

• I have an ipod touch second generation and downloaded the spotify app. It worked amazing until tonight when all the music is greyed out and says i need to purchase premium I thought spotify was free ...
  • JCdotnl
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Not able track

All my songs are "not able to play" I have to use shuffle play, but then I cant choose which song I want. I upgraded to premium, but it didnt help..

• All my songs are "not able to play" I have to use shuffle play, but then I cant choose which song I want. I upgraded to premium, but it didnt help..
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify uses too much 3G traffic for premium subscription

Hi there, I have the premium subscription and I've downloaded several playlists on my iPhone. I've found that for the last 20 days Spotify had been used 50GB traffic and Spotify had downloaded the biggest amount of traffic comparing to all other appl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   I have the premium subscription and I've downloaded several playlists on my iPhone.   I've found that for the last 20 days Spotify had been used 50GB traffic and Spotify...
  • maximtuliuk
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

0.9.3.212 Breaks Siri

I am often having the occurance of Siri not working when playing music from Spotify. 5S on 7.0.4. Launching Siri while spotify (music playing doesn't seem to matter) will sometimes cause Siri to start listening for a split second and then stop (as in...

• Visitor
  • I am often having the occurance of Siri not working when playing music from Spotify. 5S on 7.0.4.   Launching Siri while spotify (music playing doesn't seem to matter) will sometimes cause S...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Has Disapeared

I had my favorite album "Jung Brutal Gutaussehen 2" on my spotify and I woke up today and it was entirely gone without warning. I checked my PC and reset my phone and still gone. The album has disapeared from Spotify. I tried looking for the customer...

• I had my favorite album "Jung Brutal Gutaussehen 2" on my spotify and I woke up today and it was entirely gone without warning. I checked my PC and reset my phone and still gone. The album has disape...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Request for comp/reimbursement for overage fees stemming from ios bug

I'd like to respectfully request that Spotify make some gesture towards its users who suffered through this bug http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/iOS-Application-using-excessive-mobile-data/m-p/667878#M2838I'm not doing this in an accusatory manne...

• Music Fan
  • I'd like to respectfully request that Spotify make some gesture towards its users who suffered through this bug http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/iOS-Application-using-excessive-mobile-data/m...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio based on Artist very inaccurate

Hello, my radio experience is very random. This tends to happen every few songs in between. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvqxew1cvl509s7/Photo%2030-01-2014%205%2027%2031%20pm.png Not sure how backstreet boys is related to Akon.

• Hello, my radio experience is very random. This tends to happen every few songs in between.   https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvqxew1cvl509s7/Photo%2030-01-2014%205%2027%2031%20pm.png &nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My name showing up before artists?

I recently switched from a Facebook linked account, to a regular account with just my e-mail. Since doing so, I've noticed that in the Spotify app under a song name, is my own full name, before the artists name and the album. For example: Jane Doe - ...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently switched from a Facebook linked account, to a regular account with just my e-mail. Since doing so, I've noticed that in the Spotify app under a song name, is my own full name, before the a...
  • madlyhadley
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume Normalization

I recently switched my phone from a Droid X to an iPhone 5s. One difference I've noticed in Spotify is that songs between different albums are not normalized for volume in the iPhone 5s. Some songs are extremely loud and some are very quiet. Many mon...

• Music Fan
  • I recently switched my phone from a Droid X to an iPhone 5s.  One difference I've noticed in Spotify is that songs between different albums are not normalized for volume in the iPhone 5s.  ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium upgrade

Upgraded to premium yesterday. Still shows as free on laptop and iPad but works as premium but still works as free in iPhone 4S. I've logged out, turned off and reinstalled. Any suggestions please.

• Casual Listener
  • Upgraded to premium yesterday. Still shows as free on laptop and iPad but works as premium but still works as free in iPhone 4S. I've logged out, turned off and reinstalled. Any suggestions please.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing alternative albums on iOS iPad and iPhone - no "1 more release" link

On desktop you can scroll to the bottom of an album tracklist and see if there are other versions of that album on Spotify - there will be a link that says "1 more release" or something similar. I have just noticed there is no such link on the iPhone...

• Community Legend
  • On desktop you can scroll to the bottom of an album tracklist and see if there are other versions of that album on Spotify - there will be a link that says "1 more release" or something similar. I ha...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • alternative albums
    alternative releases
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

play list not syncing

hello i have spotify premium on my iphone 5 and the songs wont sync i have tried everything to try to get my offline music sorted its got to the staged that i might get rid of it

• Casual Listener
  • hello i have spotify premium on my iphone 5 and the songs wont sync i have tried everything to try to get my offline music sorted its got to the staged that i might get rid of it
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipad Spotify not playing full song

I've downloaded Spotify for my iPad after the news about being able to play it for free etc. I promptly picked one of the Top Lists and started listening. After a couple of songs, it only plays the first 60-90 seconds of the song before cutting off a...

• I've downloaded Spotify for my iPad after the news about being able to play it for free etc.   I promptly picked one of the Top Lists and started listening. After a couple of songs, it only ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search by artist not possible offline (on iphone app)

Hello How is it possible to search song or artist if you are offline for our music you've already download locally on your iphone? Like if you upload music on itunes? Isn't it possible to find all the song from all playlist of an artist? To add all s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello How is it possible to search song or artist if you are offline for our music you've already download locally on your iphone? Like if you upload music on itunes? Isn't it possible to find al...
  • elie1988
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone 5S - Zero functionality - No playlists, can't search songs, no radio, no discover, etc

Specs Premium Spotify Account iPhone 5S running iOS 7.0.4Spotify App Version 0.9.2.7 Background Story So I noticed one day that certain songs I had added from my desktop Spotify program were not updating onto my iPhone. Hm, I thought, I guess I'll tr...

• Casual Listener
  • Specs Premium Spotify Account iPhone 5S running iOS 7.0.4 Spotify App Version 0.9.2.7   Background Story So I noticed one day that certain songs I had added from my desktop Spotify pr...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iphone app and corporate proxy

I cannot connect to the web with iphone spotify app, if there's proxy used in the environment.Couriosly the desktop application works fine. Any help? T

• I cannot connect to the web with iphone spotify app, if there's proxy used in the environment. Couriosly the desktop application works fine.   Any help?   T
  • karllark
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Some songs won't play from my playlist

Hi, have Iphone 4 and a Premium subscription, have had the same playlist for a year without problem, suddenly some of the tracks don´t have sound you can see the icon and looks like they are playing but nothing happen.

• Hi, have Iphone 4 and a Premium subscription, have had the same playlist for a year without problem, suddenly some of the tracks don´t have sound you can see the icon and looks like they are playing ...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! listening to playlists on my ipad

spotify won't play my playlists (online) on my ipad. I have spotify on my pc and my ipad. The ipad picks up my playlists and lists them correctly. When I try to play them it just switches to some radio feature that it thinks I might like - it won't p...

• Casual Listener
  • spotify won't play my playlists (online) on my ipad.  I have spotify on my pc and my ipad.  The ipad picks up my playlists and lists them correctly.  When I try to play them it just sw...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes