Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Some songs won't play from my playlist

Hi, have Iphone 4 and a Premium subscription, have had the same playlist for a year without problem, suddenly some of the tracks don´t have sound you can see the icon and looks like they are playing but nothing happen.

• Hi, have Iphone 4 and a Premium subscription, have had the same playlist for a year without problem, suddenly some of the tracks don´t have sound you can see the icon and looks like they are playing ...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! listening to playlists on my ipad

spotify won't play my playlists (online) on my ipad. I have spotify on my pc and my ipad. The ipad picks up my playlists and lists them correctly. When I try to play them it just switches to some radio feature that it thinks I might like - it won't p...

• Casual Listener
  • spotify won't play my playlists (online) on my ipad.  I have spotify on my pc and my ipad.  The ipad picks up my playlists and lists them correctly.  When I try to play them it just sw...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Ipad app wont sync songs offline and crashes

Please help, every time i go onto a playlist that i like and click the button to make it available offline, the first song in the playlist gets an orange exclamation mark next to it, and when I unclick the button that syncs the songs and makes them a...

• Regular
  • Please help, every time i go onto a playlist that i like and click the button to make it available offline, the first song in the playlist gets an orange exclamation mark next to it, and when I uncli...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account problem

I have the two-month trial subscription with cosmote and when i set the top quality on my ipod touch it says that i must have a premium account to do this

• Casual Listener
  • I have the two-month trial subscription with cosmote and when i set the top quality on my ipod touch it says that i must have a premium account to do this
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

radio statio

New to Spotify - how do u remove a radio station from iPhone?

• New to Spotify - how do u remove a radio station from iPhone?
  • Spaceboy88
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Slow and sometimes not playing on Mac/iPad/iPhone every evening

I have noticed immense slowdowns on iPad. It takes a while for playlists to update changes, searching for music and sometimes even playing. I don't have any of those problems on iPhone or Mac. I have the problem on both iPad Air and iPad Mini w/Retin...

• Roadie
  • I have noticed immense slowdowns on iPad. It takes a while for playlists to update changes, searching for music and sometimes even playing. I don't have any of those problems on iPhone or Mac. I have...
  • Spaceboy88
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync a playlist

Hey there! I'm new to spotify and just tried to sync a playlists for offline listening. 2 playlists are ok with about 15 titles in it. I have another big playlist with about 800 files in it. I have tried to sync it big it stops when 25 titles are dow...

• Hey there! I'm new to spotify and just tried to sync a playlists for offline listening. 2 playlists are ok with about 15 titles in it. I have another big playlist with about 800 files in it. I have t...
  • Spaceboy88
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why is normal music quality recommended in the app?

Hey, in the Spotify iOS app, the "normal" music quality setting has a gray text beside it saying "recommended". I'm just wondering, why does it say that? Is there any problem with the "High" and "Extreme" options?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, in the Spotify iOS app, the "normal" music quality setting has a gray text beside it saying "recommended". I'm just wondering, why does it say that? Is there any problem with the "High" and "Ext...
  • Flips
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Play button for Artist in iPad

Hi, I'm using Spotify Premium and I want to listen all the songs from the same artist in my iPad. In Macbook as in my iPhone I have the play button on artist profil picture. Where is this button in iPad? I'm really missing it Thank you for your help!...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I'm using Spotify Premium and I want to listen all the songs from the same artist in my iPad. In Macbook as in my iPhone I have the play button on artist profil picture. Where is t...
  • liamun
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod Shuffle Problem

Hey there!I've seen that it's not possible to use Spotify with the iPod shuffle.But why is it available then?Isn't that some kind of false advertising? Like, you can plug it in, and you can let Spotify sync everything you've got on your PC, but you c...

• Hey there! I've seen that it's not possible to use Spotify with the iPod shuffle. But why is it available then? Isn't that some kind of false advertising? Like, you can plug it in, and you can let...
  • RX9
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify connect wont appear on IPhone 5/Ipad 2

I just upgraded to premium account but the connect icon wont appear, I restarted the app, but wont show. What can I do?

• Regular
  • I just upgraded to premium account but the connect icon wont appear, I restarted the app, but wont show. What can I do?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't synch to iphone 5S

i cant sync any songs at all to my iphone 5s this really sucks i just got the premium account and it dosent even work

• i cant sync any songs at all to my iphone 5s this really sucks i just got the premium account and it dosent even work
  • Christoffer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Connect messing up Airplay connection?

Hi all, So, I have been using Spotify over Airplay for a long time, both from the desktop and iOS versions, through speakers connected to my router without any troubles. However I just bought a Spotify Connect compatible speaker. This means I can use...

• Regular
  • Hi all,   So, I have been using Spotify over Airplay for a long time, both from the desktop and iOS versions, through speakers connected to my router without any troubles.   However...
  • nioshy
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No music playback, discover not working, profile not loading

iPhone 4s iOS 7.0.4 (11B554a) Available memory: 134MB Jailbroken: no Playlists: 15-30 Spotify ver: 0.9.3.212 Country: U.K. Username: controlstore -App loads -Discover does not load, get message "Discover can't be loaded at this moment. Please tray ag...

• Casual Listener
  • iPhone 4s iOS 7.0.4 (11B554a) Available memory: 134MB Jailbroken: no Playlists: 15-30 Spotify ver: 0.9.3.212 Country: U.K. Username: controlstore   -App loads -Discover does ...
  • controlstore
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps crashing

Spotify keeps crashing on startup on my macbook pro (OSX 10.9.1). I've tried all the solutions mentioned, but nothing really works. Has anyone an idea?

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify keeps crashing on startup on my macbook pro (OSX 10.9.1). I've tried all the solutions mentioned, but nothing really works. Has anyone an idea?
  • inkyourskin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps crashing on my iPhone 5S

Hello guys. I press the Spotify app, see the three dots ... and then it shuts down. I am using the latest version of Spotify and iOS. I have app. 10 playlists. My iPhone is not jailbroken. I have tried a soft reset, I have tried reinstalling the app ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello guys.   I press the Spotify app, see the three dots ... and then it shuts down. I am using the latest version of Spotify and iOS.   I have app. 10 playlists. My iPhone is not ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Why wont the ipad app show album titles within playlists?

A very strange shortcoming to the ipad app is that when you're browsing a playlist, it lists the song title and artist but not the album. The web player, desktop apps, and even the iphone app all show the album in this view, but just not the ipad app...

• A very strange shortcoming to the ipad app is that when you're browsing a playlist, it lists the song title and artist but not the album.  The web player, desktop apps, and even the iphone app a...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Premium only shuffles

I've had premium on my iPhone sense august and now it will only shuffle. I'll get the message telling me about the new feature when I pick a song and then it starts playing a random song from my collection. I've deleted and reinstalled, logged in and...

• Casual Listener
  • I've had premium on my iPhone sense august and now it will only shuffle. I'll get the message telling me about the new feature when I pick a song and then it starts playing a random song from my coll...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Mode Cannot Turn Off with Premium Account

Hi! I am Spotify Premium User, and I cannot turn off the shuffle mode on my I - pad... I know the shuffle mode is now a must for free accounts on mobile devices, shouldn't it be a choice for paying users?? Thx!! Spoiler (Highlight to read)

• Hi!  I am Spotify Premium User, and I cannot turn off the shuffle mode on my I - pad... 😞 I know the shuffle mode is now a must for free accounts on mobile devices, shouldn't it be a choice...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app is frozen on iPhone. Keeps saying 'waiting'

HiI have had the premium app for almost a year now. Tried to upload latest version using app store but it's been frozen for over 6 days now. It keeps saying 'waiting' but nothing happens. Help or else I want my money back for these wasted days! Spoti...

• Hi I have had the premium app for almost a year now. Tried to upload latest version using app store but it's been frozen for over 6 days now. It keeps saying 'waiting' but nothing happens. Help or...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes