Free

Country

USA 

Device

iPhone 8+

Operating system

ios 11.4

My Question or Issue

I already posted this on suggestions,  if since it needs votes there to actually be paid attention to...

Several years ago (2-3ish?) when you were listening to Spotify free, every 30 minutes to an hour there would be an auto-ad that played, which then granted you access to 30 minutes of ad-free music. Somewhere along the way this changed over to a message saying “tap the ad for thirty minutes of ad-free music” or something along the lines of that... but basically, now you have a few seconds to get to the app and physically tap “play ad” in order to get your free thirty minutes... would it be possible to revert back to the automatic ad seeing as I (and probably a majority of other users) use Spotify while driving?? It definitely isn’t safe to be fumbling around with your phone to play an ad to get free music... but also not fair that we don’t really get the option unless we want to risk our (and others’) lives to do so.... I have no idea why the change was ever introduced, but it would be GREAT if it was removed . 

6 Replies

I honestly would just suggest changing to getting premium. It saves you so much hassle and they're having a deal for a premium plan for only $1.99 or something like that. I use my family plan and it's still way cheaper than other plans for multiple devices. The main point is that premium is really useful and I would suggest just getting that. 

That’s great, but that’s not an acceptable solution. Millions of people use Spotify and drive.... they should never had made this a thing.... and premium is actually 9.99 a month, it’s only 1.99 when it’s on special .

Im afraid thats not possible. However, you should consider upgrading to premium. It saves time and isnt that expensive. You should check out their plans.

Obviously it IS possible seeing as they had the feature set up that way before.... please everyone else refrain from posting a response suggesting I try premium. The ads aren’t that serious.... all I am saying is if they are going to offer periodic ad-free sessions they should consider the safety of those who are driving during that time. 🤦🏻‍♀️🙄

Update!! 

Not sure if it’s just a coincidence, but the last couple of days it has mostly been doing the ads I don’t have to go in and click ! Thanks Spotify! 👌🏼

premium is not a **bleep**ing solution

Suggested posts