Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Touch Preview on iOS removal

Touch Preview on iOS removal

Hey folks, Spotify here!

Just a quick post to let you know we’re in the process of removing Touch Preview, the feature on the iOS app that gives you a sneak peek of a playlist, song, album, or artist before you hit play.

We’ve taken this decision as it currently has a very low engagement rate. We’re committed to offering the best experience on each platform, and we’re actively looking into new possibilities for the long press feature.

The change will take effect with app version 8.4.15, which goes live in the App Store today.

We’d love to hear your thoughts on what long press feature you’d like to see added. Thanks in advance for sharing your feedback!

427 Replies

This is the kind of **bleep** I check app update notes and reviews for can't believe the bad news flew by me this time!!! Hesitated to update till today assumed it was bug fixes as usual fu k this!!

If you're so "committed to offering the best experience on each platform" then why would you remove a feature from an app that was moderately used and annoy everyone who did use it for no good reason that you'll reveal? Apparently you removed it due to low Engagement rate, there was no reason for this, you had nothing to gain(from the users perspective) by doing such a thing and now you've frustrated a portion of your customer base congratulations.

At least tell us in the update description that you're removing this so we'd no not to download it. No we're stuck without this feature.

Playing songs outside current song list **bleep** is this why even have skips if I'm guaranteed songs I don't want to listen to

Not cool Spotify! Not cool...

This was one of my favorite features! This is **bleep**!!!!

Horrible. I just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out why literally the feature I mention the most when bragging about Spotify wasn't working. Please please bring it back, I'm already considering jumping to Pandora and this really pushed my buttons. I am 100% against this bs, BRING IT BACK!!!!

**bleep**?! I use this feature every day. Why would you remove it? So useful for sorting play queues and playlists.

Um, no, just no. Now you can't figure out if a certain song is the song you're looking for, or the song you like. There could be different versions or remixes of the songs, and now we can't preview them, and now we don't know what we're putting on our playlist. Unless of course you take the time to shuffle play through an artists entire album until you come across it (which also may not be possible now that free users may not be able to listen to new music from certain artists for a while after release). Also, when you decide to just browse around and look for new music (which I and many others love to do), GUESS WHAT, you can't anymore because this feature that they just totally threw out the window was the only way to do that. Stupid call guys. I used this feature every day, and now it's gone. Kinda defeats the purpose of this app to me, and ruins it. Isn't that what the apps all about, finding new music and being able to listen to the music you love? Now you don't know what you're putting on your **bleep** playlist. Thanks for that. Cunts

Ok, so after a full day without touch preview, I've got to admit that I REALLY hate the way Spotify is now. I absolutely HATE the fact that in order for me to even try a new song it completely disrupts what I'm currently tuned into. Then, after trying out a different track, I have to navigate all the way back to whatever I was originally listening to.

This FREAKIN SUCKS!!

Please bring this feature back!!

Dumb. Dumb dumb dumb. I'm usually not one to gripe about the multitude of features that seem to just come and go, but removing this feature is ridiculous. A slight to the users. It seems like y'all just make the worst decisions when it comes to feature changes. The radio is trash, queueing works differently darn near every update (still can't clear it in one go on mobile) and what I assume must be some funky cache issues has rendered the random mode useless. Get it together, jeez. And now I feel like a piece of **bleep** getting all worked up about a **bleep**ing music streaming service feature.

What long press feature do I want back? **bleep**, TOUCH PREVIEW

If there is something y'all need to delete are those wanna be snap codes that no one uses. Now I know for a fact there is no one using those things. Those things are annoying af. 

Please bring this feature back! It was so helpful for discovering new music! The only reason it wasn't highly engaged was because it wasn't a very well obvious feature. I had no idea it existed until I accidentally held down on a song. If you make people more aware of the feature, I'm sure it would be more widely used. 🙂

I`am interested if anyone from Spotify will respond to this feedback.. At least with some hollow empty line full of false promises.

To the Spotify team, the removal of the terrific song preview feature is truly one of the dumbest things you guys could have done. The removal of song previews is a backwards step in the Spotify app. I hope all of the responses you have now recieved to it being done, will convince you to restore this feature or I will be looking into leaving Spotify. Just wish I had known about this situation prior to updating the Spotify app to 8.4.15 onwards or I would have never done so and would have stayed with version 8.4.13 or earlier.

What a bad idea to delete this great feature!

Well Touch Preview may be gone, but at least there's still plenty of third party support for Spotify to fill in the gaps. 🙂

These are all pretty darn cool, but Spotlistr is REALLY nice! You can create entire playlists just by entering a list of the band and track titles. 😄 I made a 90s Alternative playlist that had over 250 tracks in a matter of minutes.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/web-apps-make-spotify-better-than-ever/

I'm actually so disappointed about this, this is one of the main reasons why I prefer spotify to any other app because I'm immediately able to tell what songs I like and what songs I don't. I hope it comes back.  

The song preview feature is what convinced me to join spotify rather than Google Play. If this feature is removed I will probably switch. 

This was how I discovered new music I liked and now I can't do it anymore. I find it hard to believe that it had a low usage rate. It was one of the best things Spotify had going for them. I would strongly suggest that it is reinstalled. I really don't have a use for Spotify without it. Visullay browsjng music isn't possible. 

What exactly does "low engagement" mean?   What other possible way is there to determine if a user wants to include a song in a playlist or not?   Now how do you decide - add the song, find it in your playlist, listen to it, then edit the list if you don't like it to remove it again?

i don't understand illogical changes

Suggested posts