Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks repeating in playlists on Connect

Tracks repeating in playlists on Connect

Hi there,

I use Spotify connect to play playlists from my phone, and notice that when I play any playlist, it will not play the songs in order, and repeat songs that have played already even when shuffle mode is off. The expected song order would be 1,2,3,4,5 but the typical output is 1,2,1,3,4,2 or something similar.

I use a Beep device as the Connect player, and their tech support said this is a known bug with Spotify Connect. Can it be fixed?
7 Replies

I too have a Beep and have the same/similar problem. I run Spotify connect from my phone or laptop and connect to the Beep. When playing a playlist or radio station it will often repeat tracks and sometimes just get stuck playing the same couple of tracks over and over. If I try and queue tracks it is even worse. For example if I queue tracks 1, 2, 3 ,4 and 5. It will play tracks 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. This seems to have been a problem ever since Spotify introduced the "Play Queue" screen showing "Current Track", "Queued Track" and "Next track". The "Queued Tracks" will list the tracks I have queued, i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. But the "Next Tracks" will list tracks 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.  And that is what plays. This makes queuing absolutely useless. Infact the whole "Current Track", "Queued Track" and "Next track" thing is a complete mess.

Hey guys,

I've got exactly the same issue. I'm also using Beep via Spotify Connect. It will repeat songs when not in 'shuffle' mode, then if I try to skip the current track, it'll just kinda flickers, then starts the same song over again. I have to hit the 'back' button on my device (to open the playlist), then manually select the next track.

As we're all Beep users, do you think it might be something we need to raise with them, rather than spotify? That said, it happens in the spotify app itself, so...?

Something I've not tried though (which I just thought of)...are you able to move to the next track by double-tapping the Beep jog wheel?

Hello
With the announced closure of beep music. Does anyone have any ideas as to how we can keep using the dials for the foreseeable future. Would not be bothered if they worked with plex but I think they will eventually become useless with no updates 😡.

Hi,

I have a Beep labs player also. TBH with the repeat bug I am considering getting a Chromecase audio (only took Spotify two years to do this) as a receiver as the repeating bug kills it for me.

Not much hope for the Beep player - I was surprised to discover that they have pulled the beep app from the iOS app store (in AU at least), so reconfiguring for a new wireless network could be problematic.

It works well as a Pandora receiver at least.

If Spotify pull their finger (like they have been promising for three? years now - do you detect a theme) and release the spotify connect library as promised ...

Exciting stuff Pepijn! I can't go into too much detail, but we're working on a replacement for libspotify that we aim to release before the end of the year. Libspotify will continue to function, but it's considered deprecated and no further features will be added to it.

I have the same issue playing from iOS or Android to Connect on Denon DRA-100 or Chromecast Audio. Sometimes, the app does not even show the correct song playing. All running lates software/firmware and apps.

Hi just wanted to point out to beep dial users that connect has been pretty stable recently. Playlists and albums playing properly, no tracks repeated or loss of control via Android app.
Does anyone know if you can still use spotify PC app to find and play local music files?
If yes does this work via connect? For me the beep dials via optical to my av receivers sound better than my PC via hdmi to my receivers so looking to be able to use them for music as much as is possible

I have just set up my cambridge audio Air with connect and the app on my ipad often says the wrong song and repeats that song over and over when I queue them up. Any one had any solutions?

Suggested posts