Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Transferring "Local Music" to iPhone for Listening

Solved!

Transferring "Local Music" to iPhone for Listening

I'm trying to move some music from my laptop to my iPhone for listening by putting them into a playlist and making the playlist available offline. When I check the playlist on my phone it says the correct number of songs on the overview, but after entering the playlist it doesn't have any songs listed. Am I missing a step? I am on the same wifi on both devices (as far as I know because I am on a college campus).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It might be tricky with the way your college campus's network is set up. When you check download, do it when you're in the same room as your computer. Also make sure that both Spotify apps are running (on your laptop and your phone) when you download the playlist. Another possible solution is to open a mobile wifi hotspot with both apps running. 

If you're still having issues, try logging out of the app and back in on your phone, then retry the download process. Let me know if you still have issues! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

It might be tricky with the way your college campus's network is set up. When you check download, do it when you're in the same room as your computer. Also make sure that both Spotify apps are running (on your laptop and your phone) when you download the playlist. Another possible solution is to open a mobile wifi hotspot with both apps running. 

If you're still having issues, try logging out of the app and back in on your phone, then retry the download process. Let me know if you still have issues! 

Suggested posts