Premium Family

Country

Switzerland

Device

(iPad Information See below)

Operating System

(iOS 9)

My Question or Issue

We have a Premium Family Acount with 2 Adults Acoount and 2 Kids Accounts. Evers Kid hast an old IPad with there own Spotify App Account (from the Premium Familiy Account) on it.

When now two Kids want hear Spotify at the same time, they two different IPad will always connect together and on both IPad sound the same sound. But they want to hear diffrent Songs. 

When we change on the Option from the Spotify Connect to the local device, than its during about 10 seconds an both IPads are connected again and playing the same sound.

i think First, that the iPad is on the Device connected, behause they Hand the same Apple ID. But before three dass i have reset ohne iPad Device on basic an register an new Family Sub Apple ID. But this was not the Solution.

Specialy the Username are on both iPads in the Spotify App Are the same. Is this Maybach the Problem?

Technical Data to the Devices:

iPad No 1.                                                                  iPad No. 2

modell MC769FD/A OS Vers. 9.35 (13G36)     Model MC916FD/A OS Vers. 9.3.5 (13G36) 

App Vers. 8.4.62.490.                                           App Vers. 8.4.62.490

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Hagma

It sounds like 2 people are using the same Spotify account.

Is everyone logging into their own Spotify account when accepting the invite?

The way Spotify Family works is that each person creates their own Spotify account first if they do not already have one. For everyone to create a Spotify account they will need their own email address.

Once everyone has their own Spotify account you then invite them to join your family plan and then they sign in with that account in the app. Make sure everyone enters the same home address when it asks for verification. Then everyone will be able to listen on their own without interrupting the other users.

Check out these pages for help with the Family Plan:

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/premium_for_family/premium-for-family/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey @Hagma! I think the problem here is that the kids have synced accounts, where two devices have the same account. I am not really sure that if you share the same account with many people in your family. Make separate accounts for the kids so they could listen to different music at the same time. If this does not work, please reply.

Happy Holidays!

-Ragedoge

Marked as solution

Hey @Hagma

It sounds like 2 people are using the same Spotify account.

Is everyone logging into their own Spotify account when accepting the invite?

The way Spotify Family works is that each person creates their own Spotify account first if they do not already have one. For everyone to create a Spotify account they will need their own email address.

Once everyone has their own Spotify account you then invite them to join your family plan and then they sign in with that account in the app. Make sure everyone enters the same home address when it asks for verification. Then everyone will be able to listen on their own without interrupting the other users.

Check out these pages for help with the Family Plan:

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/premium_for_family/premium-for-family/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts