Country

US

Device

Iphone 13plus

Operating System

iOS 15.4.1
Spotify Version: 8.7.30.1342

My Question or Issue

My issue is that I am able to download any podcast except for The Joe Rogan Experience.
I have cleared the cache, offloaded the app, deleted it, restarted my phone, waited 5 minutes, restarted phone twice.
All other podcasts download for me except The JRE

10 Replies

I also have 100GB of available storage on my phone

Hey @rablock24,

Thanks for posting in the Community and the troubleshooting you've already tried.

Just to be sure you're running a fresh installation of the app, could you perform a clean reinstall with the steps from this page

Does the issue occur only on one device with your account or you can reproduce it on multiple devices? How about a different account?

It is also worth trying to download the podcast via a different network. Does this work?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thank you.

I did this twice previously from 'the page' and twice this morning to no avail. "Just to be sure you're running a fresh installation of the app, could you perform a clean reinstall with the steps from this page? "

I can download any other podcast with a problem, it is just the JRE podcast.

I only have one device & access to one Premium account.

Have tried on many networks:

* Home network with Gig Service, tried multiple wifi spots in the home
* 5Guw (I have unlimited data) and tried in Oregon, and recently NY, NJ, PA, & GA while traveling

* Next door neighbors' network

* Wifi at Gym

Hey there @rablock24

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind sending us a screen recording of what's happening when you try to download the podcast so we can take a closer look from our end? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

Also, sending us a screenshot of the "Podcast video" section in your app settings would come in handy. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Is there a resolution to this problem yet? So let me get this straight, literally everything else, podcast, music, audiobook, EVERYTHING else can be downloaded, but JRE cannot....and your solution is to get a "clean install" of the app? Even after the user already said they did that and just about every other troubleshooting technique? This seems pretty cut and dry as to what you folks at spotify are doing..

Hi there @bonesaurus_rex,

We can confirm that we tried this from our end and was able to download both Audio and Video without any issues playing it offline.

The reason we suggested a clean reinstall is to make sure there's no old cache files causing this as it can do when it comes do downloads.

If you tried a clean reinstall without any success, kindly follow the steps that @Eni provided in the reply above.

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I am also having this issue.  Did all the steps that were suggested.  Other podcasts work in offline mode.  Joe rogan does not.  

Hi there @Joseph8765,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

Can you let us know if this is happening both when you download the episodes with Video and with Audio, and if it is happening on all of your devices.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yeah I tried switching it to just downloading the audio but still doesn’t show up.  I only use my iPhone 8 for this so not using any other devices.  

Hey @Joseph8765,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you tell us the Spotify version you've installed on your phone?

Is it possible for you to try a different account on your phone connected to a different network?

Also make sure, that your iPhone is not in a energy saving mode and the background app refresh is enabled for Spotify. More on that here

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Suggested posts