Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Developer] Improved IOS widget

Hi, With the new flexibility of IOS16 would it possible to update the widgets to be more in line with Androids - specifically showing now playing as well as having media controls on the widget Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  With the new flexibility of IOS16 would it possible to update the widgets to be more in line with Androids - specifically showing now playing as well as having media controls on the widget...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
    iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Repeat All resets in playlists

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhoneOperating SystemiOS 15.3.1 My Question or IssueThe selection for Repeat All (and Repeat 1) in playlists constantly resets to off when selecting a new song in that playlist or when selecting a new song in a different pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone Operating System iOS 15.3.1   My Question or Issue The selection for Repeat All (and Repeat 1) in playlists constantly resets to off when selectin...
  • AlejaR
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't Play Downloaded Podcast

PlanPremiumUSA Device(iPhone 14 Pro Max)Operating System (iOS 16.1) My Question or Issue - Downloaded podcast episodes won't play after tapping the play button unless I quit and relaunch the app. It seems to happen most on a particular podcast, but i...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium USA   Device (iPhone 14 Pro Max) Operating System (iOS 16.1)   My Question or Issue - Downloaded podcast episodes won't play after tapping the play button unless I quit...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution I can’t share my public playlist

PlanPremiumCountryPeruDeviceiPhone 13Operating SystemiOS 16 My Question or IssueI can't share my public playlist. The share icon does not appear.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Peru Device iPhone 13 Operating System iOS 16   My Question or Issue I can't share my public playlist. The share icon does not appear.
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Enhanced playlist will not play when connected to chromecast

PlanPremium-FamilyCountryUSDeviceiPad Pro (12.9-inch) (5th generation)Operating SystemiOS 16.1 My Question or IssueWhen a playlist enhancement is enabled, tapping any song will not play. Not playlist nor enhanced entries. In the playlist itself when ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium-Family Country US Device iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (5th generation) Operating System iOS 16.1   My Question or Issue When a playlist enhancement is enabled, tapping any song wi...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Hide Unplayable Song - Issue with Spotify Connect

Hi. I can hide songs on playlist and albums, and I activated Hide Unplayable Song feature on Playback setting. Despite the fact that this feature works when I use it on my Spotify on my phone, it doesn’t work (it won’t skip the hidden song) when I us...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.   I can hide songs on playlist and albums, and I activated Hide Unplayable Song feature on Playback setting. Despite the fact that this feature works when I use it on my Spotify on my phon...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App Crashing

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Deviceiphone 14 pro max Operating SystemiOS 16.0.2 My Question or IssueI just got my new phone and I have not been able to use Spotify because it keeps crashing when I open the app. I have tried signing out and signing back in, ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device iphone 14 pro max  Operating System iOS 16.0.2   My Question or Issue I just got my new phone and I have not been able to use Spo...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iPad won’t let me save songs to playlist

On my iPad I used to be able to save songs to a playlist by clicking on the 3 dots next to the song. Now, the list of options for saving pops up, but disappears immediately. On my iPhone, it works, because the 3 dots have been replaced by a tick in a...

• Visitor
  • On my iPad I used to be able to save songs to a playlist by clicking on the 3 dots next to the song. Now, the list of options for saving pops up, but disappears immediately. On my iPhone, it works, b...
  • Yordan
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Multiple devices

Hi.I've just downloaded the app to my MacBook Pro, and paid subs for Premium. I have Spotify on my iPhone, and can't upgrade to Premium which is why I downloaded it to my MacBook. How do I connect the two and share playlists?I live in S.Africa in the...

• Visitor
  • Hi. I've just downloaded the app to my MacBook Pro, and paid subs for Premium. I have Spotify on my iPhone, and can't upgrade to Premium which is why I downloaded it to my MacBook. How do I connect ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution I can't download Spotify App to my iPhone SE

PlanPremiumCountry IrelandDeviceiPhone SEOperating System iOS 12.1 My Question or Issue I subscribed to your premium service yesterday but when i tried to download the app to my phone, it won't download. I see the cloud Logo but when I tap on it, a r...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Ireland Device iPhone SE Operating System    iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue  I subscribed to your premium service yesterday but when i tried...
  • OscarDC
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Swipe to Queue

Since a few weeks I am not able to use the swiping function to add songs to my queue. I noticed that swiping work in random playlists, except in my own liked songs playlist. However, I am able to queue songs by clicking on the three dots, but this is...

• Visitor
  • Since a few weeks I am not able to use the swiping function to add songs to my queue. I noticed that swiping work in random playlists, except in my own liked songs playlist. However, I am able to que...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution The play button doesn’t work and I can’t play anything on my iphone

I can listen to music on my laptop but not my phone. The play buttons are unresponsive and no play bar appears when I’m listening on my laptop. I can switch devices from laptop to phone but nothing plays after and again no play bar. The only change w...

• Casual Listener
  • I can listen to music on my laptop but not my phone. The play buttons are unresponsive and no play bar appears when I’m listening on my laptop. I can switch devices from laptop to phone but nothing p...
  • Lyubka
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution When I pause music, it automatically resumes in 10 seconds

Premium PlanUSAiPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15.1.1Spotify app version: 8.6.96.5912014 BMW 328xi GT Been trying to use Spotify on my car, but it's almost useless as I can never pause the music for more than 10 seconds. I've tried this using Bluetooth, then USB ...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Plan USA iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15.1.1 Spotify app version: 8.6.96.591 2014 BMW 328xi GT   Been trying to use Spotify on my car, but it's almost useless as I can never pause the music ...
  • Lyubka
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! IOS Spotify being different

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 16 My Question or IssueWhen I switched to this iPhone, Spotify’s user interface is different(even from other iPhones). On my phone, liked songs do not show a heart next to it, but it used to. I a...

• Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 16   My Question or Issue When I switched to this iPhone, Spotify’s user interface is different(even from other iPhones). ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution a way to search for your daily mix

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 13 ProOperating SystemiOS 15 sometimes Spotify shows me my daily mixes but when I go to a different app & come back to this app, it vanishes and is replaced by a sea of “fresh finds” “heard at grandmas house” “wedding...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 13 Pro Operating System iOS 15       sometimes Spotify shows me my daily mixes but when I go to a different app & come back to this...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • dailymix
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lockscreen icon not changing iOS 16.1

Spotify Version - 8.7.78.426iOS version- 16.1Steps to reproduce- 1.play song from downloaded playlist2. Tap on repeat and set it to current song only3. When song finishes and replay again lockscreen icon change to next song but current song which was...

• Visitor
  • Spotify Version - 8.7.78.426 iOS version- 16.1 Steps to reproduce-   1.play song from downloaded playlist 2. Tap on repeat and set it to current song only 3. When song finishes and rep...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify doesn;t work anymore away from wifi

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes