Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to sync desktop playlists onto ipod touch after mobile app re-download

Unable to sync desktop playlists onto ipod touch after mobile app re-download

tl;dr: Unable to sync anything to my ipod touch 4th gen.

Yesterday my spotify mobile app broke; it kept crashing whenever I opened it. I deleted and re-downloaded it, but since then I haven't been able to sync any music from my desktop to it, including local files. The ipod does connect to the desktop app, but none of my playlists appear in the sync screan, and nothing there will sync.(see below). I have also tried to sync my playlists using spotify on my laptop (which has also worked without problem in the past) but that didn't work either. I use spotify on my desktop(Windows 8.1), and laptop(Windows 7 -playlists not set to offline mode-, and Ubuntu 12.04). This problem only started yesterday when I re-downloaded the mobile app. Does anyone else have this problem and/or has found a fix? thanks.spotifyBug.png

8 Replies

What happens when you try to mark the playlists as offline directly on the app itself (on your iPod)?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The playlists don't appear in the ipod app. Just "starred" and "local files".

Weird! It might be worth a clean reinstallation of the iPod App and see if that makes any difference?

Peter

Still nothing. No playlists show up, nothing syncs.

Just wondering has it ever worked previously to sync from your computer? Also, what version of iOS is the iPod Touch running?

Peter

Another thought- are you sure that both your desktop and your ipod are logged into the same account?

Yes, it has always worked until two days ago when I had to re-download the mobile app from it crashing on launch. The ipod is running on iOS 6.1.2, and spotify has never had problems on it for me before.

Yes they are logged in to the same account; I've tried connecting via wifi and USB but neither worked.

Suggested posts