Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to view all saved songs by an artist instead of their page on new account

Unable to view all saved songs by an artist instead of their page on new account

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 6

Operating System

iOS 12.4.2

My Question or Issue

I had to make a new account today and I'm noticing that when I'm on the artist tab and I tap on an artist it takes me to their page instead of listing all the songs by them I have saved. I know this was a thing earlier this year but I was under the impression it was rolled back, was that just for old accounts and not for everyone because the old account still works how I want it to in this regard?

Is there any way at all to do this because otherwise I'm switching to apple music because 99% of my music listening is done this way, where I listen to everything from 1 artist that I like, instead of just 1 album, or all of their music including things I'm not a fan of.

2 Replies

Hey @ethanrae1520,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

Can you confirm that you're still experiencing this on your account?

If so, is this happening with every artist saved in Your Library, or is it happening with specific ones?

Thanks - keep us posted!

Hi Peter, 

Is there a way to revert this "style" the OP mentioned? 

A friend's version of Spotify seems to handle the ARTIST section differently. When you click on it it shows you what songs you have "saved/liked" by artist. Im offline a lot so when id like to listen to a specific artist when i am offline, it would be nice to be able to go to artist then the artist itself and show me all tracks that i have liked by that artist.  I think it even sorted it even further by albums.

Right now it takes me to the artists' Spotify page instead which is not what i want as if im not online, it shows nothing and instead i have to go to "liked" songs ad sort through 600+ tracks. Not to mention that i would have already sorted through every song that i like listening to by them and not their complete discography. 

Is there a workaround to this that im not aware of? 

Please advise. 

Thanks! 

Chris 

Suggested posts