Unlinking online devices on network.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country UK
Devices iPad, iPhone

Operating System

iOS 13, iOS 13 for iPad 

My Question or Issue

Help! I am STILL trying to unlink two devices from my Spotify Premium account. I have tried absolutely everything so far suggested, even to the point of live online chat with Spotify, all to no avail. I have 'My room speaker' and 'XBOXONE' both refusing point blank to be unlinked from my 'other devices'. Oh, and I also cannot get my Amazon Echo Dot to connect either. When I hit it under 'other devices' it just says 'connecting..' for ages, but doesn't connect. I'm fast running out of patience with it now altogether. WHY can't Spotify just give us the ability to simply disconnect unauthorised devices? It's as if they try to make things difficult.

2 Replies

Hey, @glenjarnold 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Actually, there is a small group of devices that you will not be able to unlink from your account itself. This includes e.g. PlayStation® or Xbox®.

As a last resort, you could consider creating a new account. There are instructions here. If you give it a try, you can start over with a new account and take some (or all) music with you. 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @glenjarnold,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community!

Regarding the devices showing up in your Connect picker, we're recommend following the steps here to log out of all devices, if you haven't already. Keep in mind that doing so should sign your Spotify account out of the Xbox device you see.

As an extra step, you can reset your password as well.

If you're still having troubles seeing the other speaker you mention, it'd be helpful if you could give us some details on what device it is. For example, if it's a Sonos device, you can try instead the steps here to unlink it from your account.

It's also a good idea making sure to remove any third party apps you see on this list that you haven't authorized. 

On another note, you mention that you're having troubles connecting to your Amazon Echo Dot. Just to confirm, have you tried unlinking Spotify from the Alexa app and linking it again with the steps mentioned here?

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts