Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unplayable songs

Unplayable songs

Yesterday everything on a playlist was able to play, today (after I did a software update, idk if it's because of this or just a coincidence) only 5 songs from a certain album were able to play, so me thinking it was my phone screwing up, deleted my Spotify app and redownloaded it. When it downloaded I looked and now all of the songs from that album are unplayable, but they are playable on my PC (Windows). I don't how to fix it or what's going on, but I don't appreciate my music being messed with and if it's not fixed soon, I'll just cancel my subscription and buy all my stuff off of iTunes.
13 Replies

I was just listening to the album on my PC and all of a sudden it stopped and now it's gone. This is completely ridiculous, since I've been listening to the album for over a week already.

Hey there @Kelseyann529

Sorry to see this has happened. Can you please let me know what mobile device is this happening? And the unplayable tracks, are they local files or tracks from Spotify catalogue?

Hi. Those are local files that you uploaded to Spotify? 

My IPhone 5c. The tracks are from Spotify catalogue. (If this helps at all, the album that's missing is Help by Blackbear.)

My IPhone 5c. The tracks are from Spotify catalogue. (If this helps at all, the album that's missing is Help by Blackbear.)

Hey @Kelseyann529

Thanks for the info.

If the album is unplayable on both PC and phone, it could be a network connection issue, or the album is no longer available in your region.

Could you please provide me the album's URI and I can double check this for you.

By the way, is this happening on streaming or offline? Both?

I know that the album is still available in my region, because the album and I are both in the USA. It's happening both streaming and offline. The URI is spotify:album:6L29PWD4BO46vjlXWysFzC

Hey,

Thanks! I'll run a search for this album from Spotify's catalogue. I'll let you know as soon as possible.

Thank you so much!!

@Kelseyann529

Np 🙂

So I just checked the album, and it appears it’s no longer available in all markets. I I checked again from Spotify to make sure that this is the case, and it is I’m afraid.

It gets removed because of licensing changes, hopefully Spotify will have it available again soon!

Okay. Thanks again! (:

@Kelseyann529 You can see pretty much the availability of any album at this link http://kaaes.github.io/albums-availability/#0bCAjiUamIFqKJsekOYuRw

Just replace the URI Code that you posted. Yes, that blackbear album is not available worldwide.

Thanks!

Suggested posts