Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unwanted shuffling - shuffle not selected

Unwanted shuffling - shuffle not selected

On my iPhone SE, If I have a playlist sorted by artist, it will shuffle the music - slightly.  It will for example skip 1 or two songs, then play a few. For example, if I click song 1, it will play songs 1-10 in this order: 1,5,6,7,10,8,9.   I look at the song queue and it will show this weird order of songs. Nothing to do with whether a song is downloaded, or have signal. Because if I select a song that it skipped (2), it will re-arrange to this queue: 2,3,1,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. If I click back to play song 1, it will show the same queue as originally shown, so it's not completely random, eg. there is an odd song queue for each individual song.

This only started happening a couple of months ago, and only on my mobile, not desktop. No, I don't have shuffle on!!

21 Replies

We understand the frustration, @coreygun. Thanks for bearing with us. 

Since we last spoke a new version of the Spotify iOS app has been released (8.4.49). Could you try updating your app to see if this is still happening on the latest version?

We can also see there's a newer version of iOS (11.3.1). Could you also try updating your iPhone too? 

We tried to replicate your issue on our end, and were unable to with these software versions. If you're still having this problem with the latest updates, could you send us a video to demonstrate the problem? We'll look into this. 

Thanks!

I updated it the first time I cobtacted you (3 months ago!) and that didn't fix it then. I'll do it again, but I won't hold my breath...

Suggested posts