Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Update not working at all

Update not working at all

I updated the app over the weekend and it isn't working at all for me now. Even after deleting and reinstalling the app.

6 Replies

Do you get any errors?

No--there are no error messages. I have the iPhone 4S with the updated operating system.

I actually just replicated the sequence. I reinstalled, and as the playlists were loading, I started a track that played for a little over a minute then stopped. I couldn't get any other tracks to play.

Then I shut down the app using the toolbar, restarted and played a song. It happened again at about the same mark. 

I repeated the process, this time pausing the track a few seconds in. I couldn't restart the track.

Help.

The same thing is happening to me. The Spotify app didn't work for me on the iPhone 4s model before the update. It's still no better after the update. It's doing the same thing. Dropping out after a minute. I've done the same thing as @gregarkadin. Nothing. It's an unusable app, and I'm a paid subscriber. Incredibly frustrating.

I'm having the same problems too since the update. None of my playlists or Starred will load except for the odd random one. Music would only last a 50sec's top after that.

Before I updated everything has been running smoothly.

OK, I did some research and after following the instructions now have a happy Spotify mobile account that even seems to have solved another minor problem. The work essentially requires doing a complete, clean reinstall of the app, not just a simple one.  I found the following instructions elsewhere at a Spotify support forum:

I'd like you to try a clean install of the application on your iPhone once more. However, for this to have worked to its optimum, you absolutely need to completely remove Spotify from your iPhone. Failing to remove it properly seems to leave a configuration file that messes things up. Please note this means you will need to re-sync any offline playlists. You may follow these steps: 

1. Delete the Spotify application. To do this, press and hold the application until it hovers, then press the X symbol 
2. Restart your iPhone to refresh 
3. From the Home screen, choose Settings > Safari. Tap Clear Cache. 
4. Install Spotify again from the AppStore 
5. Please be sure that you have iTunes closed on your desktop 
6. Open Spotify on your computer and log in 
7. Connect your phone to the same Wifi network as your computer 
8. From the Home screen of your iPhone select Settings > General > Auto-Lock > Never 
9. Open Spotify on your iPhone and log in 
10. Your phone should now appear under โ€œDevicesโ€ in your Spotify desktop, select the phone. 
11. Choose the playlists you would like to sync for offline use on your phone. 

By turning off the Auto-Lock this helps avoid any interruptions. Although, it is best not to multi-task and just let the phone sync to Spotify with time, as this is known to help speed up the syncing process. 

Once an offline playlist has synced completely there will be a green arrow next to the playlist title. After the sync is complete you can turn your Auto-Lock back on and disconnect from the internet.

Thanks for the advice! I now have working spotify again!! :-))

Suggested posts