Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume Control w/Sonos

Solved!

Volume Control w/Sonos

Ever since the last couple IOS updates, when controling the volume via Sonos, the slider speradically jumps up and down. All other music apps (Pandora, Amazon, etc.) via Sonos work as expected. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

On the Sonos board, they posted a work-around. In the Sonos app, if you disable hardware controls for volume, it stops the wrestling match between the two apps. You then have to use the slider bar in the Sonos app to control the volume, but it's worth it (in my opinion)

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Yeah same problem i'm having since the last update on Android when connecting to a Sonos speaker from the app. All other apps are fine.

I am having this exact problem. It's quite annoying - I have to shut down the Sonos app to get the volume to stop fluctuating. All other Sonos music services work fine, but Spotify is the only one that I have that can output directly to Sonos without using their app. Please help!

Same here on Android. Did you find a solution?

A workaround is to make sure that only one of the two apps is open. I don't think that's good enough, though - I'm hoping for a real fix.

I still get this on Android even with only Spotify open.

Looks like the latest update from the play store has fixed it for me on Android.

Had both Spotify and Sonos iOS updates in the last 48 hours or so. Still having the issue.

Agreed, issue still exisits on IOS after recent update. 

It seems to have come back again on Android too

I've had the same issue, but it's been longer than two weeks. Recent updates haven't really impacted the issue though.

Sporadically blaring music is a great way to irritate the neighbors, so I've had to stop using the app.

same problem here with iPhone 7, iOS 10.3.1 and both app versions up to date. Really frustrating !

The only solution I've found is to open the Spotify app, start playing your music, select Sonos as your device, close the Spotify app, open the Sonos app, group rooms and set music levels, then close the Sonos app and reopen Spotify. Then you should be able to at least control the music level with the volume button on your phone and there won't be weird jumping around. I guess the two two apps just don't play well together and you can't have both open at once.
Marked as solution

On the Sonos board, they posted a work-around. In the Sonos app, if you disable hardware controls for volume, it stops the wrestling match between the two apps. You then have to use the slider bar in the Sonos app to control the volume, but it's worth it (in my opinion)

That's great, thanks!

Suggested posts